Hungary Civil Registration question

  • circlegirln
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
      Family Search has Hungary Civil Registration 1895-1980 as records that you can browse thru. I can't figure out which county the town of Kurov would be in. Can anyone help me?

      Kurov presently is a village and municipality in Bardejov District in the Prešov Region of north-east Slovakia.

      Thanks for any help.

      Norma
    • Peg's Gmail
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
        Correct me, someone, if I am wrong, but I believe that the new catalog on FamilySearch sorts by present boundaries, not old boundaries. So, if Kurov is in present-day Slovakia, it would not be listed in those records.

        If it were, however, it would be under Hungary, Saros, Kuro. Records from the timeframe it was in Czechoslovakia would be under Czechoslovakia, Slovensko, Bardejov, Kurov; and as you already stated, present-day is under Slovakia, Bardejov, Kurov.

        The old family history catalog always provides the three jurisdictions under record notes. The new one does not yet to my knowledge.

        Peg

        On Sep 4, 2011, at 3:45 PM, circlegirln wrote:

        > Family Search has Hungary Civil Registration 1895-1980 as records that you can browse thru. I can't figure out which county the town of Kurov would be in. Can anyone help me?
        >
        > Kurov presently is a village and municipality in Bardejov District in the Pre�ov Region of north-east Slovakia.
        >
        > Thanks for any help.
        >
        > Norma

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2011
          Kurov was in the Hungarian District of Saris. Those records are online: Follow the route: Slovak Records – Greek Catholic – Bardejov – Kurov or
          https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F10597262

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
            Norma,
            The Hungarian Civil records at Family Search only include those districts (or parts of districts) that are in present day Hungary. The Hungarian districts that are now part of Slovakia are not included in these records. Sorry. Family Search has not posted the Slovak civil records although I think someone indicated a while back that they were currently being filmed.