Kunszentmarton location

  • McKee June
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
      I found a possible connection for my g-grandmother julia Gala's baptism and curious if anyone knows where this villiage would be? the event place;  Kunszentmarton, Jasz-Nagy-Kun-Szolnok, Hungary. This was in Hungary Catholic Church Records and in 1871.
       I know the villiage name  has probably changed but curious I cant seem to find it. I have been out of the loop for awhile so just getting back into my research and abit rusty!
      Thanks so much
      June

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
        http://www.maplandia.com/hungary/jasz-nagykun-szolnok/kunszentmarton/ It is in Hungary, Southeast of Budapest.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
          Hi June

          Looks like you are in current day Hungary.

          I did find reference to Kunszentmarton in the Jasz-Nagykun-Szolnok country.

          If you go to familysearch.org and look at the catalog there are some films that relate to that village.

          Sam

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
            Thank you Michael for the map boy I am rusty when I didnt even think to google it! pretty bad.
            Also Sam thanks aswell I will check that one out.