Films from FamilySearch.org can be ordered online

  • jdkocis
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2011
      I just posted this to my genealogy circles on Google+:
      This may not be new, but it is absolutely new to me! Films from FamilySearch.org can be ordered online and sent directly to your local Family History Center, eliminating the need to make a trip to order the film and a return trip to view it. For folks who must travel some distance to visit their 'local' FHC this will be very helpful. My thanks to Sharon Tate Moody at Tampa Bay Online where the article appeared. Link to the article follows:

      http://www2.tbo.com/lifestyles/life/2011/aug/26/1/genealogists-now-can-order-microfilm-records-onlin-ar-253129/
    • Jody Gonda
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2011
        Thanks, so much, for letting us know!

        Jody
        Old genealogists never die, they just lose their census!

        I just posted this to my genealogy circles on Google+:
        This may not be new, but it is absolutely new to me! Films from FamilySearch.org can be ordered online and sent directly to your local Family History Center, eliminating the need to make a trip to order the film and a return trip to view it. For folks who must travel some distance to visit their 'local' FHC this will be very helpful. My thanks to Sharon Tate Moody at Tampa Bay Online where the article appeared. Link to the article follows:

        http://www2.tbo.com/lifestyles/life/2011/aug/26/1/genealogists-now-can-order-microfilm-records-onlin-ar-253129/

      • Mary T
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
          Not only is this new, but highly recommended. Smaller FHC's will no longer be taking money for film orders.
          (I work at one, that's how I know.)

          I am not sure what they are doing in SLC or in regional centers.
          Mary
        • deeellessbee
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2011
            This is a huge convenience. This will save so much time (and gas) and I for one am very happy for the change!

            Debbie