Locating Digitized Church Register Using Microfilm Number

  • khurbani
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
      Wondering if somebody out there has figured this out...
      I am trying to determine if a particular microfilm is available as
      digitized images on FamilySearch.org. The option to search the site
      using a microfilm number is not supported. A request for assistance
      suggested using the site forums, which seem to be full of people equally
      as confused.
      I am looking for images from the film #2420739, which contains an index
      to the Lutheran church register entries for Sobotiste. Film numbers
      2420736, 2420737, and 2420738 are the entries themselves, and these are
      available online
      <https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A//api.family\
      search.org/records/waypoint/10597080> .
      It seems if the entries are available online, the index for those
      entries should be as well.

    • Michael Mojher

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
          >>> The problem is they did not put 2100 online. So your only means of viewing it seems to be ordering the film at a FHC.<<<

          One needs to register the issue with the LDS folks. They are having some indexing problems migrating to the new site. In that context, I am going back and forth getting them to consolidate the Senne films under Michalovce.

          That 2100 film may be online but stuffed somewhere else.
        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
            I did look at the Roman Catholic films and they did not have a Inv c 2100. Didn’t try the Jewish records.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
                >>> I did look at the Roman Catholic films and they did not have a Inv c 2100. <<<

                Sure they do:
                Inv. #. 2100 Zoznam krstov A-Ž (1783-1942) -- Zoznam manželstiev A-Ž (1783-1942) -- Zoznam úmrtí A-Ž (1817-1942)
              • Michael Mojher
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 22, 2011
                  Sorry I missed that. Hope it is what you need.