Lubicke kupele

  • krejc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20 4:10 PM
      hi list,
      i am stumped. i always thought my grandmother came from Nova Lubovna because
      she said Lublofurdo (old hungarian) was her village. now i am wondering if
      Lubicke Kupele, also a spa town, could be her village . they are not far
      from one another. i cannot find any information on the town of Lubicke
      Kupele. does anyone know anything about this village?
      thanks
      noreen
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21 8:35 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
        > hi list,
        > i am stumped. i always thought my grandmother came from Nova
        Lubovna because
        > she said Lublofurdo (old hungarian) was her village. now i am
        wondering if
        > Lubicke Kupele, also a spa town, could be her village . they are
        not far
        > from one another. i cannot find any information on the town of
        Lubicke
        > Kupele. does anyone know anything about this village?
        > thanks
        > noreen

        Nová L'ubovn^a was called U'jlubló in Hungarian.
        U'j means 'new' in Hungarian.

        What was the surname religion ?

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish church registers
        (1635-1920) for Nová L'ubovn^a, Slovakia; formerly Újlubló,
        Szepes Megye (county), Hungary.

        Includes affiliate Jakubany beginning with 1781.

        film #
        1739659
        1739660
        1739661

        The G.C. parish church records are listed under Jakubany.

        The church records for Lubické Kúpele are under Majerka.
        Text in Latin, Hungarian and German.

        In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
        Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
        Sobás^ení = Marriages
        Zomrelí = Deaths

        The records are not written in Slovak.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

        Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

        Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

        LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      • joe@gsphdean.gsph.pitt.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21 2:07 PM
          Your guess makes sense, as furdo is Hungarian for public baths, the same
          meaning as kupele in Slovak.

          Joe Armata
          joe@...