Augustinus (August) Mazalik, priest

  • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2011
      My ancestral names (a few):  Pruzinsky, Lincsa, Sekelsky, Holodnyak, Fedorko

      A couple of years ago, on this listserv, I asked if anyone could connect me with the former S-R moderator, Maura Petzolt.
      I did not have any success. I am asking again again, if anyone can connect with me with Maura Petzolt. Perhaps someone has connected with her since then.

      In one of Maura's previous internet postings, she states that it is possible that her gr/gr/grandfather was Augustinus Mazalik of Sabinov and she does refer to him as head priest (RC) of St. John the Baptist Church.
      http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/GEN-SLAVIC/1998-01/0883692086

      It is possible that this same Augustinus Mazalik was also my gr/gr/grandfather. He was RC pastor in Plavnica in 1855 & 1856 and my family claims that the father of my great-grandfather, Paul Pruzinsky, was a priest. Plavnica 1856 birth records do show that Paul (Pal) Pruzinsky was illegitimate. Paul's son, Stefan Paul Pruzinsky, who was my grandfather (born 1890 in Plavnica), revealed to the family just before he died, with shame, that his father's father was an Irish priest. (More mystery, here, since Mazalik does not sound Irish. He claimed the name was McCluskey.) This all seems ironic because, I believe, the Greek Catholic priests had wives and families.

      I would appreciate it if anyone could connect me with Maura as she and I might be related.
      If anyone would like to help me solve the mystery of who the unknown priest/father was, I would appreciate that, too...
      Susan Friedhaber-Hard
      barclaypenn@...