Re: John Ondics

  • John
    Message 1 of 41 , Aug 14, 2011
      >>> Born approx.15 April 1894/Hermanocz,Hungary/Arrived Ellis Island: 9 June 1903 from Bremen on the S.S.Konigin Luise. <<<

      Perhaps a transcription error. Try this from Cisarik:

      Helcmanovce

      OLD NAMES of the village(town):
      1773 Helczmanocz, Helzmanowetz, Helczmanowcze, 1786 Helczmanócz, 1808 Helczmanócz, Heltzmanowitz, Hannsdorf, Helcmanowce, 1863–1888 Helcmanóc, 1892–1902 Nagykunchfalu, 1907–1913 Nagykuncfalva, 1920– Helcmanovce
    • John
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 24, 2011
        >>> John, give us a break!!! The man is asking a question. Did you ever think that the NAME of the cheese indicates if you are Slovak, Rusyn, etc?? <<<

        It's not me that has a problem. Ron or Bill will be squelching the string.