Re: orphana

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2011
      Peg,
      It simply means that the parents are deceased at the time of marriage, not that they are unknown. It says coloni orphana, an orphan of a landowner so her parents are not unknown, and she may carry land rights to the marriage. If the village has death records for the period, you are likely to find her parents death.

      Curt B.

      Curt B.