Re: Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History

  • gklodzen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2011
      You've received excellent suggestions. When I was researching the 1890-1930 west central, company owned coal mining town of Bitumen, PA (today, other then a Catholic mission church and it's cemetery, little else remains) the original Catholic church records had been transferred to the nearby town of Renovo where I was able to review and digitally photograph them. One suggestion, if the room is well lighted you don't need to use the camera's flash, and you'll help preserve these original gems for future researchers. In general, make an appointment first, handle these documents with great care, smile at and thank the truly helpful staff, and leave a small contribution for the church.

      Eugene Klodzen
      Researching KLADZAN, PIKULA, HLADKY and LABADOV