Re: [S-R] Digest Number 3925

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2011
      Adrienne,
      I went to the 1995 Slovak Census to see if there were any Goulick or
      Gowlick surnames listed, none.
      My grandmother was a Helena Scerbak, home town was Plavnica, Slovakia.
      I have a cousin who in her family are the Glucs.
      To have the Scerbak and Glucs from the same town I believe is worth
      investigating.
      Feel free to write me at mgmojher@...
      Michael Mojher

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:47:24
      To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [S-R] Digest Number 3925

      Czech and Slovak Republic Genealogy

      Czech and Slovak Republic Genealogy
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS;_ylc=X3oDMTJjbmoxZjhlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2hkcgRzbGsDaHBoBHN0aW1lAzEzMTI0NTEyNDQ->

      Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

      1a.
      Re: Cleveland,Ohio  - (Dennis) From: JOHN MITRICSKA

      2a.
      Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History From: pstagen 2b.
      Re: Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History From: CasperVeth@... 2c.
      Re: Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History From: martha.andras

      3a.
      help with record please From: Peg's Gmail 3b.
      Re: help with record please From: CurtB 3c.
      Re: help with record please From: htcstech 3d.
      Re: help with record please From: htcstech

      View All Topics
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJlNzBtZzVkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA2F0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA--?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1>
      | Create New Topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlOGl2bTE0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      Messages

      1a.

      Re: Cleveland,Ohio  - (Dennis)

      Posted by: "JOHN MITRICSKA"
      jjmcbm@... <mailto:jjmcbm@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Cleveland%2COhio%20%20-%20%28Dennis%29>
      jjmcbm
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/jjmcbm>

      Wed Aug 3, 2011 7:02 am (PDT)

      Hi Dennis,
      I don't know if you're the Dennis I was talking to on Ancsetry.com but
      if you are, any Mitricska Info you can get me from Cleveland would be
      helpful.

      Thank you so much
      John

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:jjmcbm@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Cleveland%2COhio%20%20-%20%28Dennis%29>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Cleveland%2COhio%20%20-%20%28Dennis%29> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30198;_ylc=X3oDMTM2Y3B2NDY0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAxOTkEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDE5OA-->
      (2)

      2a.

      Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30200;_ylc=X3oDMTJxN3FnZzU5BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDAEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "pstagen"
      pfezziwig@... <mailto:pfezziwig@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History>
      pstagen
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/pstagen>

      Wed Aug 3, 2011 8:12 am (PDT)

      I hope someone can help me fill in some info about the mining environment in
      this community. My grandparents lived in Oneida between 1892 and 1919.

      How did the mine owners entice my GF to come to PA from Trebisov to become a
      miner and have four of his adult sisters come along as well?

      What were the names of the coal mine firms whose operating mines were in
      Sheppton and/or Oneida between 1892 and 1919? (I know there was a mine
      collapse in 1963 and the original mine was between Oneida and Sheppton, but
      were there others?)

      Is there a repository that holds copies of the miner's licenses and might it
      be near Hazleton? I hope to visit the area next month.

      Did a Greek Catholic and/or Russian Orthodox church exist in either of these
      communities between 1892 and 1919? If yes, what were their names and who
      might have their records for the years indicated? (I wrote to the priest at
      St. Ann's in both Sheppton and Hazleton but did not receive a response from
      either. (Seven of my eight aunts/uncles were baptised GC in places between
      Hazleton and Minersville but born in Oneida. I am trying to understand why
      they went so far afield for baptism.)Also, how would my GM get to these
      places if they didn't have a car?

      I tried the Pottsville files to find birth records for my relatives but none
      were there. Would the individual GC churches still have copies of the
      baptismals?

      Thanks in advance for your assistance.

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:pfezziwig@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30200;_ylc=X3oDMTM2cG9yM3YwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDAEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMA-->
      (3) 2b.

      Re: Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30201;_ylc=X3oDMTJxYWg4bzcyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDEEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "CasperVeth@..."
      CasperVeth@... <mailto:CasperVeth@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History>

      Wed Aug 3, 2011 9:04 am (PDT)

      Try reaching out to the Eckley Miners Village. They should be able to
      provide some help. Here is their website:
      _http://www.eckleyminersvillagemuseum.com_
      (http://www.eckleyminersvillagemuseum.com) My wife's
      family was from Hazleton-Conyngham and her gr-great grandfather was 11 years
      old
      picking slate for 7 cents per day! Being a miner was a tough life.

      Ray Veth, Middletown, NJ

      <mailto:CasperVeth@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30200;_ylc=X3oDMTM2cm5rbGNrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDEEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMA-->
      (3) 2c.

      Re: Sheppton-Oneida PA Coal Mining History
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30204;_ylc=X3oDMTJxMWIxaTloBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDQEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "martha.andras"
      mandras@... <mailto:mandras@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History>
      martha.andras
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/martha.andras>

      Wed Aug 3, 2011 11:35 pm (PDT)

      Hi! This will be a bit long!!

      I was born & raised in Hazleton, PA and come from a family of coal miners
      with ethnicities of Slovak, Welsh & German! I will try to give you a few
      more suggestions to help you in your searching. The website for Eckley
      Miners' Village is a good start. The phone number there is 570-636-1252. Its
      always best to call because they have had some funding cuts and are running
      mostly with volunteers. Its a great place and actually will have a Civil War
      encampment during the weekend of Aug 20 & 21. So if you are near here - its
      worth coming! They also have haunted lantern tours in October.

      My next suggestion is to contact a wonderful older man named Joe Michels. He
      lives in Hazleton and is the former city engineer. He has the most extensive
      collection of old mining maps than you could ever imagine. If you call him
      and explain what you want, he will tell you to give him about 2 weeks and
      then he will call you back with what he found for you. He's great and before
      retirement he was the Hazleton City Engineer. His phone number is
      570-455-3504. Good luck with that and feel free to use my name - Marty
      Andras. You could also try the Hazleton Historical Society at 570-455-8576.
      Thy may be of help. Or - you could call our local public library at
      570-454-2961. I recently borrowed a good book from the library. It is called
      "Growing Up in Coal Country" by Susan Campbell Bartoletti. One read through
      that book will show you how tough it was during those times. Lots of
      pictures and personal experiences. Also, history of some of the collapses.
      If you can't find it at your library, Amazon.com has it for $7.95.

      Now about the churches. That story is a bit more complicated. Many churches
      have banded together, others have closed for good. There are no Russian
      Orthodox that I know of. There is a Ukrainian Catholic Church in McAdoo and
      several Eastern Orthodox or Byzantine Catholic churches in the area. I could
      get you phone numbers of any of these if you need them. From what I've
      learned about searching old church records....sometimes the Priest will not
      allow lay people to handle the books because they are so old. Bring a
      digital camera - they usually don't mind you photographing the pages you
      need but do not allow photocopying. It can cause damage to the books. Even
      bring a pencil & paper to write down everything you see regarding your entry
      in an old church book.

      Hope these suggestions are helpful. Let me know if I can be of any
      assistance.

      Martha Andras

      , CasperVeth@... wrote:

      > Try reaching out to the Eckley Miners Village. They should be able to
      > provide some help. Here is their website:
      >_http://www.eckleyminersvillagemuseum.com_
      >(http://www.eckleyminersvillagemuseum.com) My wife's
      > family was from Hazleton-Conyngham and her gr-great grandfather was 11
      > years old
      > picking slate for 7 cents per day! Being a miner was a tough life.
      >
      > Ray Veth, Middletown, NJ
      >

      > In a message dated 8/3/2011 11:12:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      > pfezziwig@... writes:
      >

      > I hope someone can help me fill in some info about the mining environment
      > in this community. My grandparents lived in Oneida between 1892 and 1919.
      >
      > How did the mine owners entice my GF to come to PA from Trebisov to become
      > a miner and have four of his adult sisters come along as well?
      >
      > What were the names of the coal mine firms whose operating mines were in
      > Sheppton and/or Oneida between 1892 and 1919? (I know there was a mine
      > collapse in 1963 and the original mine was between Oneida and Sheppton,
      > but were
      > there others?)
      >
      > Is there a repository that holds copies of the miner's licenses and might
      > it be near Hazleton? I hope to visit the area next month.
      >
      > Did a Greek Catholic and/or Russian Orthodox church exist in either of
      > these communities between 1892 and 1919? If yes, what were their names and
      > who
      > might have their records for the years indicated? (I wrote to the priest
      > at St. Ann's in both Sheppton and Hazleton but did not receive a response
      > from either. (Seven of my eight aunts/uncles were baptised GC in places
      > between Hazleton and Minersville but born in Oneida. I am trying to
      > understand
      > why they went so far afield for baptism.)Also, how would my GM get to
      > these
      > places if they didn't have a car?
      >
      > I tried the Pottsville files to find birth records for my relatives but
      > none were there. Would the individual GC churches still have copies of the
      > baptismals?

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:mandras@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20Sheppton-Oneida%20PA%20Coal%20Mining%20History> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30200;_ylc=X3oDMTM2cmF0MmVyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDQEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMA-->
      (3)

      3a.

      help with record please
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30202;_ylc=X3oDMTJxcDZhNGdzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDIEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "Peg's Gmail"
      pegivanyo@... <mailto:pegivanyo@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>
      pegivanyo
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/pegivanyo>

      Wed Aug 3, 2011 9:28 pm (PDT)

      I haven't taken my Latin class yet and am struggling to read a record. If
      someone has time to take a look, it may be quite obvious to one of you.

      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/pal%3A/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11022-57785-66%3Fcc%3D1554443%26wc%3D10598381

      The entry on the 8 of July for a Pal Ivanyov. What are the two word above
      the parent's names and what do they mean?

      Thanks!

      Peg

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:pegivanyo@...?Subject=Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30202;_ylc=X3oDMTM2anQwZHVuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDIEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMg-->
      (4) 3b.

      Re: help with record please
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30203;_ylc=X3oDMTJxY3RwZnJuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDMEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "CurtB"
      curt67boc@... <mailto:curt67boc@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>
      curtbocha
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/curtbocha>

      Wed Aug 3, 2011 9:58 pm (PDT)

      Peg,
      Latin won't help in this case. The mysterious word is Hungarian. It means
      "alias"

      It says the parents names are

      Timko alias
      Ivanyov Pal [and]
      Suszter Maria

      So his name is Timko, but he uses an alias Ivanyov.

      Did Ivanyov become the family name, or did it remain Timko?

      Curt B.

      , Peg's Gmail <pegivanyo@...> wrote:

      > I haven't taken my Latin class yet and am struggling to read a record. If
      > someone has time to take a look, it may be quite obvious to one of you.
      >
      > https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/pal%3A/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11022-57785-66%3Fcc%3D1554443%26wc%3D10598381
      >
      > The entry on the 8 of July for a Pal Ivanyov. What are the two word above
      > the parent's names and what do they mean?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Peg

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:curt67boc@...?Subject=Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30202;_ylc=X3oDMTM2OW43M2E0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDMEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMg-->
      (4) 3c.

      Re: help with record please
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30205;_ylc=X3oDMTJxZXUwbTZjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDUEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "htcstech"
      htcstech@... <mailto:htcstech@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>
      whiteox_nelson
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/whiteox_nelson>

      Thu Aug 4, 2011 12:51 am (PDT)

      Hi,
      Though I'm new at this, I've been working out heaps of RK images in the same
      year ranges over the last few weeks.
      The page is written in Hungarian, and I've managed to translate most of it
      for you, but 'Simko maskes' is not Hungarian or Latin. I have noticed that
      the Fathers did use colloquial or pig Latin or abbreviated Latin. I would
      safely ignore it if you can.

      For your information the following is a transcript of the lettering:

      Column 3 Christener: Kamminszky Janos (John Kamminszky) - Then underneath it
      is written: ujdonszentel aldozar which is Hungarian but means nothing in the
      form it is written, but can be written as Ujdon szent (el) aldoz(at) which
      sort of means ' a victim of the novelty' - in very loose terms, but I think
      it could be a ranking, maybe novitiate.
      'ujdom szentelt √°ldozat' means 'novelty dedicated to sacrifice' which is
      more in line with religion.

      It helps to know that fz is sz and the lower case t is very small, looking
      like a sloped + sign.

      Bermalo is untranslatable - may be a GK term - malo means choice in Latin.

      Column 4 Kersetelu (a ,, is equal to a hypen): is Pal (the Christian Name)
      Column 5 Onnek Szulei (Your Parents): Under 'Simko maskes' is: Ivanyouv Bal
      (Bal is short for Balint which is the English name Valentine).
      Then the mother is Suszter Maria
      Column 6: Both GK
      Column 7: Telkes Gazda - means Owns and works land. (this is good by the
      way.) In latin you may have seen Colonus = landowner, Inquilus = owns a
      small parcel of land and house, Subinquilus = No house or land, Libertini -
      Free from duties and taxes and lastly, Mendicus - Beggar.
      There is also Cigany (different versions of spelling) - Gypsy (Romani - from
      India), however there is a village of similar name in Cseh.
      You may also find Soltys - Village founder, but that is very rare.

      Column 7 Kerest Atya es Anya (Godfather and Mother): Valyiszka Janos (John)
      and Lyevkus Georgy (George), Szincsak Anna and Koczsis Anna
      Column 8 Szarmazasi Helyi Keresztelnek (place of origin of the child and
      parents): Zavatka

      Other: A christening naming tradition is: 1st son is named after the father,
      2nd son after the grandfather, 3rd son after the grandfather of the bride
      (wife).
      1st daughter is Maria, 2nd is Anna, third is Helena. Generally others after
      saints.

      Hava means month and you may find liturgical months like St Michael etc
      instead of the Georgian names.
      Notice also that children are baptised rapidly! often the same day they were
      born.

      Hopefully someone else may know what Simko maskes means.

      Regards

      Peter

      --
      Peter Martyn
      Trading as

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:htcstech@...?Subject=Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30202;_ylc=X3oDMTM2ZDFsZG05BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDUEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMg-->
      (4) 3d.

      Re: help with record please
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30206;_ylc=X3oDMTJxMHVlaDdqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->

      Posted by: "htcstech"
      htcstech@... <mailto:htcstech@...?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>
      whiteox_nelson
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/whiteox_nelson>

      Thu Aug 4, 2011 1:25 am (PDT)

      CurtB is correct. if it is spelled 'maskei' then it means 'masked' and
      looking at it again, Simko can be Timko.
      Also Bal is more likely Pal, as the priest would not shorten Balint to Bal.
      The child was more likely to be named after the father.
      Good catch!

      Peter

      --
      Peter Martyn
      Trading as
      Hill Top Computing Services (HTCS)
      ABN: 38677221998
      Phone: 0248898352
      Fax: 0248899651
      Mobile: 0435437070
      Email: htcstech@... <mailto:htcstech%40gmail.com>

      Back to top
      Reply to sender
      <mailto:htcstech@...?Subject=Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please>

      Reply to group
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com?Subject=
      Re%3A%20help%20with%20record%20please> |

      Messages in this topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/message/30202;_ylc=X3oDMTM2cDZkcHZsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEbXNnSWQDMzAyMDYEc2VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NAR0cGNJZAMzMDIwMg-->
      (4)

      Recent Activity
      *
      4
      New Members
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYW8wNm9zBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsDdm1icnMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA--?o=6>

      Visit Your Group
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbzFlcnNtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsDdmdocARzdGltZQMxMzEyNDUxMjQ0>

      Yahoo! Groups
      Small Business Group
      <http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15lhqk75m/M=493064.14543960.14365482.8674578/D=groups/S=1705040837:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1312458445/L=c202605c-be7e-11e0-9ef1-d7cf16976499/B=SJe6J0oGYmM-/J=1312451245105572/K=4h2_wvxwJhj36E.wI.1h2g/A=5758222/R=0/SIG=124m43uve/*http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/BankofAmerica_SmallBusiness/>
      Improve your business
      by community exchange
      <http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=c202605c-be7e-11e0-9ef1-d7cf16976499&T=1dtuo5slk%2fX%3d1312451245%2fE%3d1705040837%2fR%3dgroups%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1726621510%2fH%3dY29udGVudD0iUGVvcGxlO0xvdHRlcnk7Qm9va21hcms7QXVjdGlvbnM7R2VvY2l0aWVzO1lhaG9vX09ubGluZV9Qcm90ZWN0aW9uO0dyb3VwcztIZWFsdGg7WWFob29fUGFyZW50YWxfQ29udHJvbDtHcmVldGluZ3M7IiBkaXNhYmxlc2h1ZmZsaW5nPSIxIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJjMjAyNjA1Yy1iZTdlLTExZTAtOWVmMS1kN2NmMTY5NzY0OTkiIHNpdGVJZD0iNDQ1MjU1MSIgdFN0bXA9IjEzMTI0NTEyNDUxMjExNjAiIA--%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d28228962&U=139aihqjo%2fN%3dSJe6J0oGYmM-%2fC%3d493064.14543960.14365482.8674578%2fD%3dNC%2fB%3d5758222%2fV%3d1>

      Moderator Central
      An online resource
      <http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15lcsm5t3/M=493064.14543956.14365469.8674578/D=groups/S=1705040837:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1312458445/L=c202605c-be7e-11e0-9ef1-d7cf16976499/B=R5e6J0oGYmM-/J=1312451245105572/K=4h2_wvxwJhj36E.wI.1h2g/A=5028927/R=0/SIG=11e3tma2a/*http://new.groups.yahoo.com/moderatorcentral>
      for moderators
      of Yahoo! Groups.
      <http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=c202605c-be7e-11e0-9ef1-d7cf16976499&T=1dtbggjcd%2fX%3d1312451245%2fE%3d1705040837%2fR%3dgroups%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1165353715%2fH%3dY29udGVudD0iUGVvcGxlO0xvdHRlcnk7Qm9va21hcms7QXVjdGlvbnM7R2VvY2l0aWVzO1lhaG9vX09ubGluZV9Qcm90ZWN0aW9uO0dyb3VwcztIZWFsdGg7WWFob29fUGFyZW50YWxfQ29udHJvbDtHcmVldGluZ3M7IiBkaXNhYmxlc2h1ZmZsaW5nPSIxIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJjMjAyNjA1Yy1iZTdlLTExZTAtOWVmMS1kN2NmMTY5NzY0OTkiIHNpdGVJZD0iNDQ1MjU1MSIgdFN0bXA9IjEzMTI0NTEyNDUxMjExNjAiIA--%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d28228962&U=139a0f6s2%2fN%3dR5e6J0oGYmM-%2fC%3d493064.14543956.14365469.8674578%2fD%3dNC%2fB%3d5028927%2fV%3d1>

      Cat Groups
      on Yahoo! Groups
      <http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15l9p2ime/M=493064.14543957.14365470.8674578/D=groups/S=1705040837:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1312458445/L=c202605c-be7e-11e0-9ef1-d7cf16976499/B=SZe6J0oGYmM-/J=1312451245105572/K=4h2_wvxwJhj36E.wI.1h2g/A=4836038/R=0/SIG=11olbte0b/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/catzone/index.html>
      Share pictures &
      stories about cats.
      <http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=c202605c-be7e-11e0-9ef1-d7cf16976499&T=1dtbeugfc%2fX%3d1312451245%2fE%3d1705040837%2fR%3dgroups%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2631815243%2fH%3dY29udGVudD0iUGVvcGxlO0xvdHRlcnk7Qm9va21hcms7QXVjdGlvbnM7R2VvY2l0aWVzO1lhaG9vX09ubGluZV9Qcm90ZWN0aW9uO0dyb3VwcztIZWFsdGg7WWFob29fUGFyZW50YWxfQ29udHJvbDtHcmVldGluZ3M7IiBkaXNhYmxlc2h1ZmZsaW5nPSIxIiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSJjMjAyNjA1Yy1iZTdlLTExZTAtOWVmMS1kN2NmMTY5NzY0OTkiIHNpdGVJZD0iNDQ1MjU1MSIgdFN0bXA9IjEzMTI0NTEyNDUxMjExNjAiIA--%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d28228962&U=139kb7cm1%2fN%3dSZe6J0oGYmM-%2fC%3d493064.14543957.14365470.8674578%2fD%3dNC%2fB%3d4836038%2fV%3d1>

      Need to Reply?
      Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily
      Digest.

      Create New Topic
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdWd1dnZqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzEyNDUxMjQ0>

      Visit Your Group on the Web
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS;_ylc=X3oDMTJibThyYjgwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDaHAEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      Messages
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMnJwYmZhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbXNncwRzdGltZQMxMzEyNDUxMjQ0>
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZG9zaXQ1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZmlsZXMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbnUya3NhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcGhvdARzdGltZQMxMzEyNDUxMjQ0>
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWtxY242BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbGlua3MEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJibWF2dGMxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZGIEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZmE2Y2loBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcG9sbHMEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJkN21mcHVqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbWJycwRzdGltZQMxMzEyNDUxMjQ0>
      | Calendar
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/calendar;_ylc=X3oDMTJjOWc0anQwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDY2FsBHN0aW1lAzEzMTI0NTEyNDQ->

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      Change settings via the Web
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJlcTFhODVtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDc3RuZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTMxMjQ1MTI0NA-->
      (Yahoo! ID required)
      Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-normal@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery:
      Indiviual Email> | Switch format to Traditional
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery
      Format: Traditional>

      Visit Your Group
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS;_ylc=X3oDMTJjMjJhNTY1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzIwNjU3MQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNDA4MzcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDaHBmBHN0aW1lAzEzMTI0NTEyNDQ->