Summit Hill & Nesquehoning PA Byzantine and Russian Orthodox Cemeteries

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      Dennis had made a generous offer to the group and I would also like to help anyone who has Byzantine Catholic or Russian Orthodox family members buried in the PA coal region cemeteries in the towns of Nesquehoning (St. Mary's Byzantine Catholic Church and St. John's Russian Orthodox church), and Summit Hill (St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Church in Lansford). My family is buried in these cemeteries and I visit as often as I can. Although I'm not sure where all of the local Russian Orthodox cemeteries are located, I know that one is right next to the Byzantine Catholic cemetery in Summit Hill (St. Mary's Russian Orthodox Church--actually located in Coaldale, Schuylkill County).

      Please email me personally with any information you have; I'm sure not everyone would be interested in reading more personal posts such as this. I'll do my best to locate and send you a picture(s) of your family's headstones. I'm sure Bill would also appreciate people sending this type of information directly to Dennis or myself and not to the entire group.

      Thanks for your generous offer Dennis. I hope I can also help others who have no contacts in this small part of the PA coal region.

      Gina