Stara Lubovna

  • christine mackara
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
      Hi,

      I am looking for RC church records for Stara Lubovna, on the off chance, that I find a marriage there.

      The marriage would be between Joannes Haniszko and Maria Kopcsak/Kopcak/Kopsak , Probably between 1850 and 1857.

      The FHC has films for Stara Lubovna and I was hoping they would be online.

      Under Stara Lubovna (online) I can only find films for Plavnica and Sulin, neither one seems to be it!

      Could someone tell me where else I can look or do I have to order the films at the FHC ?

      Christine

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
        Christine,
        Your have just experienced a “close but no cigar” event. Stara Lubovna was in Szepes county and Plavnica was in Saros county. The Presov Archives covered Saros, but not Szepes. So you will have to order the films.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
          Michael, Thank you for your reply to my question. Oh well !!! Can't win them all. Your answer explains it well. Have to go to the FHC then.
          Thanks again, Christine