Re: [S-R] Genealogy Software for I Mac

  • Peg's Gmail
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2011
      I have not used GRAMPS. I did attend a presentation where someone had used it successfully to work on a community extraction project, but came away with the feeling that it definitely had its limitations. If you have been using FamilyTreeMaker, you might consider the new Mac version just out last fall, or as I have done, install VMWare Fusion, which allows you to create a virtual "Windows" machine and run your software on your iMac. I took the transition fairly slowly, but now use Fusion in Unity mode, where I have both Windows and Mac programs open at the same time, copy and paste between them, share the same file folders/documents all on the same screen at the same time. To the observer, you wouldn't know you were running two operating systems side by side. Pretty smooth.

      Peg Ivanyo
      All Things Related