Re: Land

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
      Bob,

      Search for any relation you may know of or village in which they came....should they be female,be sure to try their maiden name.

      Dennis

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Pollak" <rjp011@...> wrote:

      > How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?
      >
      > I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.
      >
      > Bob Pollak

    • Peg's Gmail
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
        OK, I've been a bit busy and am just getting around to trying the website listed below. I have managed to get past the parameter section to get a list of names & documents in a specific district. So, what are these telling me? That there was land held by that individual and presently there is no owner?
        Sorry--I'm really new to this site. Not sure what I'm looking at here. Can anyone walk me through it a bit?

        Peg

        On Jul 27, 2011, at 4:29 PM, patskanovo wrote:

        > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
        >
        > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
        >
        > Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records in our files here at S-R.
        >
        > Interested in any insight or comments and also wish to reopen past discussions on the subject.......
        >
        > Thanks ,
        > Dennis
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Ahoj Group,

      • patskanovo
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
          Peg,

          My initial post on this subject included two links where Peter Nagy and Bill both have details on the topic posted on their websites.

          Decsendancy Laws and inheritance of land is a different in Slovakia than it is here....In my case most everyone came to America but a few stayed...I do know the land is divided by Hecters...

          Looking forward to hearing more on this topic....thanks for bringing it up again.

          Dennis