Re: Land

  • elevans1
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
      I had hired Peter Nagy at the centroconsult website for doing genealogy based on the land records. Until then, I could only narrow down the date of my great-grandfather's death to a 20-year period between 1899 and 1919. From the land transfer records, he was able to figure out that when my ggf's land was passed to his 2 minor-aged sons, that must have been right after he died, right around 1905.

      > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
      >
      > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/

      > > http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html
      > > <http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html>

    • patskanovo
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
        There are many names listed on the records I downloaded that connect and also appear to be new leads/decsenadants of my G-Grandmother's Sister....It is all very interesting ...for sure.

        Dennis

        > The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.
        >
        > The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.

      • Bob Pollak
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
          How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?

          I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.

          Bob Pollak

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
            Bob,

            Search for any relation you may know of or village in which they came....should they be female,be sure to try their maiden name.

            Dennis

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Pollak" <rjp011@...> wrote:

            > How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?
            >
            > I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.
            >
            > Bob Pollak

          • Peg's Gmail
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1 3:30 PM
              OK, I've been a bit busy and am just getting around to trying the website listed below. I have managed to get past the parameter section to get a list of names & documents in a specific district. So, what are these telling me? That there was land held by that individual and presently there is no owner?
              Sorry--I'm really new to this site. Not sure what I'm looking at here. Can anyone walk me through it a bit?

              Peg

              On Jul 27, 2011, at 4:29 PM, patskanovo wrote:

              > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
              >
              > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
              >
              > Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records in our files here at S-R.
              >
              > Interested in any insight or comments and also wish to reopen past discussions on the subject.......
              >
              > Thanks ,
              > Dennis
              >
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > Ahoj Group,

            • patskanovo
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 2 5:18 AM
                Peg,

                My initial post on this subject included two links where Peter Nagy and Bill both have details on the topic posted on their websites.

                Decsendancy Laws and inheritance of land is a different in Slovakia than it is here....In my case most everyone came to America but a few stayed...I do know the land is divided by Hecters...

                Looking forward to hearing more on this topic....thanks for bringing it up again.

                Dennis