Re: Land

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
      >>> Has anyone used this site for genealogy?http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ <<<

      The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.

      The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.
    • elevans1
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
        I had hired Peter Nagy at the centroconsult website for doing genealogy based on the land records. Until then, I could only narrow down the date of my great-grandfather's death to a 20-year period between 1899 and 1919. From the land transfer records, he was able to figure out that when my ggf's land was passed to his 2 minor-aged sons, that must have been right after he died, right around 1905.

        > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
        >
        > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/

        > > http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html
        > > <http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html>

      • patskanovo
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
          There are many names listed on the records I downloaded that connect and also appear to be new leads/decsenadants of my G-Grandmother's Sister....It is all very interesting ...for sure.

          Dennis

          > The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.
          >
          > The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.

        • Bob Pollak
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
            How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?

            I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.

            Bob Pollak

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
              Bob,

              Search for any relation you may know of or village in which they came....should they be female,be sure to try their maiden name.

              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Pollak" <rjp011@...> wrote:

              > How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?
              >
              > I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.
              >
              > Bob Pollak

            • Peg's Gmail
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
                OK, I've been a bit busy and am just getting around to trying the website listed below. I have managed to get past the parameter section to get a list of names & documents in a specific district. So, what are these telling me? That there was land held by that individual and presently there is no owner?
                Sorry--I'm really new to this site. Not sure what I'm looking at here. Can anyone walk me through it a bit?

                Peg

                On Jul 27, 2011, at 4:29 PM, patskanovo wrote:

                > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
                >
                > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
                >
                > Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records in our files here at S-R.
                >
                > Interested in any insight or comments and also wish to reopen past discussions on the subject.......
                >
                > Thanks ,
                > Dennis
                >
                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > Ahoj Group,

              • patskanovo
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
                  Peg,

                  My initial post on this subject included two links where Peter Nagy and Bill both have details on the topic posted on their websites.

                  Decsendancy Laws and inheritance of land is a different in Slovakia than it is here....In my case most everyone came to America but a few stayed...I do know the land is divided by Hecters...

                  Looking forward to hearing more on this topic....thanks for bringing it up again.

                  Dennis