Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Land

Expand Messages
  • patskanovo
    Ahoj Group, I have read Bill and and Peter s Pages on unclaimed/unknown ownership of land in Slovakia and it appears that My Buba and her family seem to have
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 25, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      Ahoj Group,

      I have read Bill and and Peter's Pages on unclaimed/unknown ownership of
      land in Slovakia and it appears that My Buba and her family seem to have
      left a considerable amount back in Slovakia.

      For the most part all these family lines have died out and others have
      left the village....

      My Buba, Maria Pilatova, rod.Corejova died in 1974 as did her brother
      soon after Anna died in 1917 after child birth in Cleveland and I have
      found no decsendants of her sister Helena in 7 years of searching....

      I agree with Bill in that the people living in the village deserve the
      land and we do not want to be land grabbing Americans.

      I am basically having trouble determing exactly how much land we are
      speaking of....?

      May I add that I have a vague idea of the "Spaghetti"stings of
      descenancy spoke of on Peter's website...

      http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html
      <http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html>

      I have posted a partial list and downloaded the pages to our files for
      your review there seems property in two villages, Bystre and Remeniny.

      Can we expand on and revisit past discussions here at S-R?

      Here also below is the link I found the names listed.


      http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
      <http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/>

      Thanks Gang!

      Dennis



      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • patskanovo
      Has anyone used this site for genealogy? http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Has anyone used this site for genealogy?

        http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/

        Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records in our files here at S-R.

        Interested in any insight or comments and also wish to reopen past discussions on the subject.......

        Thanks ,
        Dennis


        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        > Ahoj Group,
        >
        > I have read Bill and and Peter's Pages on unclaimed/unknown ownership of
        > land in Slovakia and it appears that My Buba and her family seem to have
        > left a considerable amount back in Slovakia.
        >
        > For the most part all these family lines have died out and others have
        > left the village....
        >
        > My Buba, Maria Pilatova, rod.Corejova died in 1974 as did her brother
        > soon after Anna died in 1917 after child birth in Cleveland and I have
        > found no decsendants of her sister Helena in 7 years of searching....
        >
        > I agree with Bill in that the people living in the village deserve the
        > land and we do not want to be land grabbing Americans.
        >
        > I am basically having trouble determing exactly how much land we are
        > speaking of....?
        >
        > May I add that I have a vague idea of the "Spaghetti"stings of
        > descenancy spoke of on Peter's website...
        >
        > http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html
        > <http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html>
        >
        > I have posted a partial list and downloaded the pages to our files for
        > your review there seems property in two villages, Bystre and Remeniny.
        >
        > Can we expand on and revisit past discussions here at S-R?
        >
        > Here also below is the link I found the names listed.
        >
        >
        > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
        > <http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/>
        >
        > Thanks Gang!
        >
        > Dennis
        >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
      • John
        ... The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          >>> Has anyone used this site for genealogy?http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ <<<

          The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.

          The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.
        • elevans1
          I had hired Peter Nagy at the centroconsult website for doing genealogy based on the land records. Until then, I could only narrow down the date of my
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            I had hired Peter Nagy at the centroconsult website for doing genealogy based on the land records. Until then, I could only narrow down the date of my great-grandfather's death to a 20-year period between 1899 and 1919. From the land transfer records, he was able to figure out that when my ggf's land was passed to his 2 minor-aged sons, that must have been right after he died, right around 1905.



            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
            >
            > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
            >
            > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
            >
            > ...
            > >
            > > http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html
            > > <http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html>
            > >
            > > ...
          • patskanovo
            There are many names listed on the records I downloaded that connect and also appear to be new leads/decsenadants of my G-Grandmother s Sister....It is all
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 28, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              There are many names listed on the records I downloaded that connect and also appear to be new leads/decsenadants of my G-Grandmother's Sister....It is all very interesting ...for sure.

              Dennis


              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:
              >
              > >>> Has anyone used this site for genealogy?http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ <<<
              >
              > The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.
              >
              > The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.
              >
            • Bob Pollak
              How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place? I am
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?

                I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.

                Bob Pollak


                From: patskanovo
                Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:03 PM
                To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [S-R] Re: Land



                There are many names listed on the records I downloaded that connect and also appear to be new leads/decsenadants of my G-Grandmother's Sister....It is all very interesting ...for sure.

                Dennis

                --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@...> wrote:
                >
                > >>> Has anyone used this site for genealogy?http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ <<<
                >
                > The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.
                >
                > The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.
                >





                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • patskanovo
                Bob, Search for any relation you may know of or village in which they came....should they be female,be sure to try their maiden name. Dennis
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  Bob,

                  Search for any relation you may know of or village in which they came....should they be female,be sure to try their maiden name.

                  Dennis

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Pollak" <rjp011@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > How is this URL http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ used in genealogy? What do you search for a relative? Do you search for person or a place?
                  >
                  > I am somewhat a novice when it comes to using the Internet for genealogy so excuse my questions if they seem to cover a basic topic.
                  >
                  > Bob Pollak
                  >
                  >
                  > From: patskanovo
                  > Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:03 PM
                  > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [S-R] Re: Land
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > There are many names listed on the records I downloaded that connect and also appear to be new leads/decsenadants of my G-Grandmother's Sister....It is all very interesting ...for sure.
                  >
                  > Dennis
                  >
                  > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "John" <johnqadam@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > >>> Has anyone used this site for genealogy?http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/ <<<
                  > >
                  > > The ADAM plot in Dubrakka has over 1400 shares and these served to validate some family relationships. A huge number of the names are unknown to me in terms of my genealogy database. Interesting but of no great value.
                  > >
                  > > The plot where my mother's house once stood in Senne is now empty grassland. I never looked into ownership of the plot.
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >
                • Peg's Gmail
                  OK, I ve been a bit busy and am just getting around to trying the website listed below. I have managed to get past the parameter section to get a list of
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    OK, I've been a bit busy and am just getting around to trying the website listed below. I have managed to get past the parameter section to get a list of names & documents in a specific district. So, what are these telling me? That there was land held by that individual and presently there is no owner?
                    Sorry--I'm really new to this site. Not sure what I'm looking at here. Can anyone walk me through it a bit?

                    Peg


                    On Jul 27, 2011, at 4:29 PM, patskanovo wrote:

                    > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
                    >
                    > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
                    >
                    > Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records in our files here at S-R.
                    >
                    > Interested in any insight or comments and also wish to reopen past discussions on the subject.......
                    >
                    > Thanks ,
                    > Dennis
                    >
                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > Ahoj Group,
                    >



                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • patskanovo
                    Peg, My initial post on this subject included two links where Peter Nagy and Bill both have details on the topic posted on their websites. Decsendancy Laws and
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 2, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Peg,

                      My initial post on this subject included two links where Peter Nagy and Bill both have details on the topic posted on their websites.

                      Decsendancy Laws and inheritance of land is a different in Slovakia than it is here....In my case most everyone came to America but a few stayed...I do know the land is divided by Hecters...

                      Looking forward to hearing more on this topic....thanks for bringing it up again.

                      Dennis

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Peg's Gmail <pegivanyo@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > OK, I've been a bit busy and am just getting around to trying the website listed below. I have managed to get past the parameter section to get a list of names & documents in a specific district. So, what are these telling me? That there was land held by that individual and presently there is no owner?
                      > Sorry--I'm really new to this site. Not sure what I'm looking at here. Can anyone walk me through it a bit?
                      >
                      > Peg
                      >
                      >
                      > On Jul 27, 2011, at 4:29 PM, patskanovo wrote:
                      >
                      > > Has anyone used this site for genealogy?
                      > >
                      > > http://www.katasterportal.sk/kapor/
                      > >
                      > > Apparently my family left some land back in Slovakia. I have posted some records in our files here at S-R.
                      > >
                      > > Interested in any insight or comments and also wish to reopen past discussions on the subject.......
                      > >
                      > > Thanks ,
                      > > Dennis
                      > >
                      > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "patskanovo" <ddhalusker@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > > Ahoj Group,
                      > >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      >
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.