Fw: [S-R] Searching for OBERLE family (Correction)

  • J Nielsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
      Correction should read OBERLE family

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: J Nielsen <nielsenj21@...>
      To: Slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, July 11, 2011 4:03:41 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Searching for OBERLY family

      I have searched most places on the web for family of Anna Oberle b. abt 1850 in
      NIZNA MYSLA, KOSICE REGION.
      She married Janos KOZAK on 2/6/1871 also in NIZNA MYSLA .
      She was the daughter of Istevan OBERLE and Maria KLEMAN. It appears that the
      OBERLE  family came from ALSACE i am guessing between 1780 and 1800..
      Does anyone have any information or know where else I can look.
      Jan

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
        From the 1995 Slovak Census:
        Priezvisko OBERLE sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 61×, celkový počet lokalít: 24, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
        NIŽNÁ MYŠĽA, okr. KOŠICE-VIDIEK (od r. 1996 KOŠICE - OKOLIE) – 12×;

        In 1995 Oberle had 61 listing in the Census in 24 locations. Nizna Mysl’a was #1 with 12 listings. I would say that there is a good chance you could find blood relatives living there today.
        Priezvisko KOZÁK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 1591×, celkový počet lokalít: 359, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
        VRANOV NAD TOPĽOU, okr. VRANOV NAD TOPĽOU – 22×;
        The Kozak name is common. With this spelling 1591 listings in 359 locations. I listed Vranov nad Topl’ou because it is in the same county “okr. Vranov nad Topl’ou as Mala Domasa where Oberle can be found. They are on 11.5 km apart
        .
        Priezvisko KLEMAN sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 162×, celkový počet lokalít: 42, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
        Kleman is a rare surname, 162 listings in 42 locations. None of the top 10 locations was in eastern Slovakia.
        On Record - Rímsko-katolícka cirkev. Farský úrad Nižná Myšl'a (Košice) - Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, confirmations and conversions for Nižná Myšľa, Slovakia, formerly Alsó-Mislye, Abauj-Torna, Hungary. Includes affiliated town of Vyšná Myšľa, Slovakia, formerly Felső-Mislye, Abauj- Torna, Hungary. Text in Latin and Hungarian.
        The films are not online. You will have to go to your nearest Family History Center to order and view them.
        FHL INTL Film
        1923131 Item 6
        FHL INTL Film
        1923132
        FHL INTL Film
        1923132
        FHL INTL Film
        1923133
        VAULT INTL Film
        1923134 FHL INTL Film
        1923135 Items 1-4

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2011
          J. Nielsen,
          What do you mean when you say that it "appears" that the family came from Alsace? Do you have some information you have not given us?
          While there is a famous Oberle family from Alsace, the name is common all over Germany as well, most with no known relation to the Alsatian family. Many Oberle's in the U.S. as well, descendant from original immigrants from Germany to Pennsylvania, the Pensy Dutch. While there were German immigrations to what is now Slovak territory from the 13th to the 18th century, they were not from Alsace in the 1700's.

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, J Nielsen <nielsenj21@...> wrote:

          > Correction should read OBERLE family

        • J Nielsen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2011
            Hi Curt,
            Thanks for your response. I am searching and also looking for confirmation of the Alsace connection.

            Our OBERLE (Great grandmother Anna) and her husband Janos KOZAK families are documented on the http://www.rebaryoung.org website.
            Where I got the possible Alsace connection was from a posting by Mike Vesel on Gen Forum. http://genforum.genealogy.com/oberle.
            he mentions he has traced his family line in Slovakia, Egydius OBERLE as being born in Alsace abt.1780. This name also shows up on the Rebar website with dates that could make sense. This posting was from 2001 and I have not contacted this Mike Vesel which I should.
            Your thoughts?
            Jan

            What do you mean when you say that it "appears" that the family came from Alsace? Do you have some information you have not given us?
            While there is a famous Oberle family from Alsace, the name is common all over Germany as well, most with no known relation to the Alsatian family. Many Oberle's in the U.S. as well, descendant from original immigrants from Germany to Pennsylvania, the Pensy Dutch. While there were German immigrations to what is now Slovak territory from the 13th to the 18th century, they were not from Alsace in the 1700's.

            Curt B.

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, J Nielsen <nielsenj21@...> wrote:

            > Correction should read OBERLE family

          • J Nielsen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2011
              Not sure if this went through.

              What do you mean when you say that it "appears" that the family came from Alsace? Do you have some information you have not given us?
              While there is a famous Oberle family from Alsace, the name is common all over Germany as well, most with no known relation to the Alsatian family. Many Oberle's in the U.S. as well, descendant from original immigrants from Germany to Pennsylvania, the Pensy Dutch. While there were German immigrations to what is now Slovak territory from the 13th to the 18th century, they were not from Alsace in the 1700's.

              Curt B.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, J Nielsen <nielsenj21@...> wrote:

              > Correction should read OBERLE family

            • J Nielsen