Re: [S-R] Finding Descendants of the Famous

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2011
      Dear Allan:

      In regard to famous people, there are some books in Hungarian genealogy
      regarding noble families that may be a good source, and also probably one of
      the best primary sources would be ARCANUM (literally "the archives" in
      Latin) which can be accessed through Bill Tarkulich's great website at _
      www.iabsi.com_ (http://www.iabsi.com) . When I am looking for historical research,
      ARCANUM is one of the best primary sources. I am very careful with
      secondary sources because secondary sources are apt to have additional errors,
      prejudices, etc. I hope that this helps a little.

      Best regards,

      David

      In a message dated 7/6/2011 2:39:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      allanstevo@... writes:

      Good morning from Bratislava,
      I just posted an article on Jan Amos Komensky (Comenius) that got me to
      thinking about great names of the past in Slovak and Czech history and their
      descendants today.

      Has anyone come across any studies done or collections of research
      compiled that allows a reader to ask - "What ever happened to the Palffy family -
      the Hungarian aristocrats that were once so powerful in Slovakia" or "Does
      Comenius have any living descendants roaming the earth" - or Hviezdoslav,
      Kukucin, Masaryk, and others.

      To boil this question down - is there a publicly available and easy way to
      find if notable people in the history of this region continue to have
      descendants to this day?

      Thank you.

      Allan
      www.52inSk.com