Re: [S-R] Re: Dribnak entry

  • slovak821@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2011
      Curt,
      That is all partially true since his wife and children were left in
      Slovakia. He returned in 1910 then went back to Slovakia at some future
      date; another baby was born in 1913. Another passenger list reveals he returned
      in July, 1914 (listed as Peter Drobnak). He re-surfaces on Sept.12, 1918
      with a WWI Draft Registration Card Record. Strange, since the war was over.
      My mom and her brother returned to the US in November, 1927 and my mom
      said he was alive at that time. I believe he was in Binghamton again, but
      nothing beyond that. i believe he died before my parents married in NJ in
      1929. Wish I had asked for more details, since everyone is gone, now. Thanks
      for any suggestions.
      Jacqueline

      In a message dated 7/5/2011 6:55:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      curt67boc@... writes:

      Jacqueline,
      You already gave us the answer. He is an alien, and so not yet a citizen.
      But he is not an immigrant since he had already come here before and
      established a residence and has a wife and children here. He just went back for a
      visit and now is returning to his residence in the U.S. He is a non
      immigrant alien.

      Curt B.

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)