Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Richwalsky, Fiedler from Lomnicka

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2001
      Helene did it again, found the 'right' village.

      I let myself be distracted by the mountain one. This one by Podolinec is in
      "The Slovak-Polish Tatras offered by LOOK. On page 232 it has a 3" of
      column write-up on the village, pop 1.100, in the valley of Lomnicky potok
      brook (potok is brook, no?) 3 km east of Podolinec. Founded by the
      Görgeys', first reference 1294, occupations Farming, last century also linen
      bleaching. Much burned down 1813-1887. After the German displacement
      population is prevailingly Roma. Original early gothic RC church dates from
      1300, renovated in classic style in 19th century.

      The karpaten deutsch list it as Klein Lomnitz

      Sounds like I will have to visit on my next drive through!

      Ron