2011 Population Census

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
      A population census is underway in Slovakia. The data were collected May
      to June 2011. The data compilation will take some time.

      Here is a link to the census site:

      http://www.scitanie2011.sk

      I suggest you keep your eye on the site so you will know when the data are
      available.

      --
      Bill
    • Peg's Gmail
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
        Does this country typically make the census data available to the public or is there a waiting period?
        Peg

        On Jun 28, 2011, at 9:53 AM, Bill Tarkulich wrote:

        > A population census is underway in Slovakia. The data were collected May
        > to June 2011. The data compilation will take some time.
        >
        > Here is a link to the census site:
        >
        > http://www.scitanie2011.sk
        >
        > I suggest you keep your eye on the site so you will know when the data are
        > available.
        >
        > --
        > Bill

      • Frank R Plichta
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
          Peg,

          Which "this" country are you referring to?
          Since the message is about the Slovak Census is Slovakia the "this" country
          you are referring to?
          Or, is the "this" country referring to USA?

          In the United States the raw census data is released to the public after 72
          years. You can expect the 1940 census to be released in April of 2012.

          I do not know when the Slovak census data is released.
          Frank

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 28, 2011
            Slovakia has rigorous privacy standards. The census data to be published
            will only include statistical data. There will be no individual data
            published. As in many countries this is used by various SK agencies for
            funding and general policy, etc. Think USA data. It's used to fund
            programs, demographics, etc.

            Bill

            BTW, this is for the entire country of Slovakia, not just ethnic Slovaks.
            On Tue, June 28, 2011 12:49 pm, Frank R Plichta wrote:
            > Peg,
            >
            > Which "this" country are you referring to?
            > Since the message is about the Slovak Census is Slovakia the "this"
            > country
            > you are referring to?
            > Or, is the "this" country referring to USA?
            >
            > In the United States the raw census data is released to the public after
            > 72
            > years. You can expect the 1940 census to be released in April of 2012.
            >
            > I do not know when the Slovak census data is released.
            > Frank

            Bill