Re: [S-R] Church Photo

  • tom geiss
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 27, 2011
      Address of city hall, which I found on their web site is
      Mestsky Urad
      Marianske Nam 37
      053 04 Spisske Podhradie
      Slovakia
      Europe
      Tom
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 27, 2011
        You can begin by writing an e-mail to city hall. That is where records are kept.
        Spišské Podhradie
        Does anyone have a photo of the Evangelical Church in Spisske Podhradie?
        Also, does anyone have the address of the Municipal Office in Spisske Podhradie where I can get a copy of a death Certificate?

        Thank you, Bob Pollak

      • Bob Pollak
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
          Thanks both Tom and Michael for the information. It is really appreciated.

          Bob Pollak

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
            Bob,
            As it happens, the Eastern Europe format causes a “bad translation”. The e-mail address should have “@” where “%40” is in the address for e-mail.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
              Picture:
              http://tinyurl.com/3toaguh

              Regards,
              Bill
            • Bob Pollak
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
                Mike,

                I don’t know why but there was an @ in the correct place in the original email but as you can see,in the other posts below, it is the %40.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 28, 2011
                  Bob,
                  There different “Encoding” formats for e-mail. Mine is set to Western European (Windows), there is also a Western European (ISO). Another choice is Central European (Windows) and (ISO).
                  Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable can tell us what the correct encoding should be so we do not have that problem of accented letters turning into a mess.

                • hmsbob@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 1, 2011
                    Does anyone know if there is a website for Koskovce, also if there is one
                    for Zipov. both in slovakia. Thank you for any help or if any way to
                    contact some one in either city;

                    hmsbob@...

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 2, 2011
                      >>> if any way to contact some one in either city <<<

                      Koskovce and Zipov are hardly a city. Yes, in terms of personal contact, Marta Stofcikova is actually on Skype right now. Her son Martin now lives in Kosice and is also available on Skype.

                      Here's info on Koskovce: http://www.obce.info/sk/slovensko/presovsky-kraj/okres-humenne/koskovce/celok-koskovce

                      Here's a link to Zipov info: http://www.obce.info/sk/slovensko/presovsky-kraj/okres-presov/zipov/celok-zipov
                    • John
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 2, 2011
                        >>> if any way to contact some one in either city; <<<

                        Bob:
                        The Jencik's have current phone listings for Koskovce house numbers 7, 23, 102, 147, 160 and 178.

                        The Stofcik house is #10 and so is located between Jencik at #7 and 23.

                        Marta or Martin Stofcik may be able to provide you with a Jencik email address or two. Martin's English is pretty good. Martin dot Stofcik at gmail dot com
                      • Frank R Plichta
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 2, 2011
                          John,

                          While the #10 is located between numbers #7 and #23,

                          The house #10 is not necessarily located between house #7 and house #23.

                          The houses are numbered in the order in which they are built, Not where they
                          are located on the street.

                          Frank

                          _____