Re: [S-R] Re: Slovak village names

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11, 2011
      Dear Steve:

      I believe that Janet may be correct, as there is a concentration of the
      KALAVSKY surname in this area of the SPIS region. I also have ancestors in
      KALAVA -- ONDERCIN and KOVALCIK surnames -- so we are possibly related
      somewhere down the line.

      Best regards,

      David Baloga

      Researching in Spis and Saris Counties: BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), HAMRAK,
      HVIZDOS, JURASKO, ONDERCIN, KOVALCIK, TOMASOV, HRONEC, HARENCSAR, CUJ (CSUJ),
      BUXAR (BUKSAR), KREDATUS, HARBALY, RUSZBACZKY, KAFFAN, BELAK, and others

      In a message dated 6/11/2011 8:24:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      skalavsky@... writes:

      The family Surname is KALAVSKY / (Hungarian: KALYAVSZKY) / (Anglicized:
      KALASKY). They probably all had ancestors (not necessarily genetically
      related) from Kal'ava, Spis, Slovakia. They immigrated from various villages:
      Magencany, Spisske Vlachy, Spisske Podhradie, Studenec, Levoca, Spisske Nova
      Ves. Most of the living KALAVSKYs in Slovakia live in the same region.
      Steve

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 16, 2011
        Thanks for the help everyone. Sorry for my careless spelling