Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Re: LDS Files

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2001
      At 01:48 PM 1/13/01 +0000, you wrote:

      >Over 35 years attended 8 universities and graduated from
      >six of them.
      >Believe such individuals are called 'professional students'.

      Not many of them are as helpful though. Thanks.

      John
    • Judy/Dick James
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19, 2001
        I just got my first look at LDS film 245497 and found the birth record for my grandfather Carl August Stuve. I am sure that a person more experienced in reading German handwriting would know my great-grandmother's name. It is Wilhelmine and what looks to be "Kauzewski". Is anyone familiar with that as a surname from West Prussia in the mid to late 19th century?

        Judy
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19, 2001
          At 07:30 PM 4/19/01 -0500, you wrote:
          >I just got my first look at LDS film 245497 and found the birth record for
          >my grandfather Carl August Stuve. I am sure that a person more
          >experienced in reading German handwriting would know my
          >great-grandmother's name. It is Wilhelmine and what looks to be
          >"Kauzewski". Is anyone familiar with that as a surname from West Prussia
          >in the mid to late 19th century?

          You might get some help with German handwriting at the following:

          http://www.usgennet.org/usa/in/county/ripley/webcal/links/decipher.html

          http://www.genealogienetz.de/gene/misc/scripts.html

          John