Looking for LORKO

  • J Nielsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2011
      Sorry forgot the subject.

      ________________________________
      From: J Nielsen <nielsenj21@...>
      To: Slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, June 10, 2011 4:15:28 PM
      Subject: [S-R] (unknown)

      I am a recent member and have many questions. I will start with my search for my

      wife,s grandfathers parents and family:

      Peter Lorko later changed to Larko was born  6/29/1882. He immigrated in 1900 to

      Eastern Pa, He got married and returned to Slovakia around 1909 and came back
      for good in 1911. According to a few vague family notes and passenger records it

      appears he was from Mestisko, Presov Region. I know of a brother Thomas and
      sister Mary who also immigrated to the US and married, and that's it.
      Any suggestions on where to find additional information? Church records? Civil
      records etc.
      The last name may have been spelled differently, I have seen a spelling of
      Lyorko.
      Help?
      Jan