RE: [S-R] Re: Need help deciphering surname

  • Ladislav Rosival
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
      The „Bogdanore“ could be todays Bohdanovce nad Trnavou (former Bogdanoc,
      Bogdany, Bogdanovce) It is not far from Horne Oresany.

      Ladislav

      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
        Oooh....thanks!

        Diane

        ________________________________
        The „Bogdanore“ could be todays Bohdanovce nad Trnavou (former Bogdanoc,
        Bogdany, Bogdanovce) It is not far from Horne Oresany.

        Ladislav

        >>> I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage
        registry in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).�
        There is a word that looks like "Bogdanore" under the 4th column which I
        thought was for listing place of origin and address.�Does this mean
        anything to anyone? <<<

        You might want to check the church records: Roman Catholic parish registers
        of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, for Bohdanovce nad
        Trnavou, Trnava, Slovakia.

      • patskanovo
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 9, 2011
          I sure hope that when my village is restored ("Remeniny")that it will be better than before....I am still locked out it seems and have only one group of records available......1844-1857

          BTW...looks as though my thread was Hijacked.

          Dennis