Re: Need help deciphering surname

  • John
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
      >>> I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage registry in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).� There is a word that looks like "Bogdanore" under the 4th column which I thought was for listing place of origin and address.�Does this mean anything to anyone? <<<

      You might want to check the church records: Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, for Bohdanovce nad Trnavou, Trnava, Slovakia.
    • Ladislav Rosival
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
        The „Bogdanore“ could be todays Bohdanovce nad Trnavou (former Bogdanoc,
        Bogdany, Bogdanovce) It is not far from Horne Oresany.

        Ladislav

        >>> I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage
        registry in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).�
        There is a word that looks like "Bogdanore" under the 4th column which I
        thought was for listing place of origin and address.�Does this mean
        anything to anyone? <<<

        You might want to check the church records: Roman Catholic parish registers
        of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, for Bohdanovce nad
        Trnavou, Trnava, Slovakia.

      • Diane Dazio
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
          Oooh....thanks!

          Diane

          ________________________________
          The „Bogdanore“ could be todays Bohdanovce nad Trnavou (former Bogdanoc,
          Bogdany, Bogdanovce) It is not far from Horne Oresany.

          Ladislav

          >>> I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage
          registry in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).�
          There is a word that looks like "Bogdanore" under the 4th column which I
          thought was for listing place of origin and address.�Does this mean
          anything to anyone? <<<

          You might want to check the church records: Roman Catholic parish registers
          of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, for Bohdanovce nad
          Trnavou, Trnava, Slovakia.

        • patskanovo
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 9, 2011
            I sure hope that when my village is restored ("Remeniny")that it will be better than before....I am still locked out it seems and have only one group of records available......1844-1857

            BTW...looks as though my thread was Hijacked.

            Dennis