Re: Need help deciphering surname

  • John
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
      >>> I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage registry in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).� There is a word that looks like "Bogdanore" under the 4th column which I thought was for listing place of origin and address.�Does this mean anything to anyone? <<<

      You might want to check the church records: Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, for Bohdanovce nad Trnavou, Trnava, Slovakia.
    • Diane Dazio
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
        I did find an older sibling for Susanna, and the handwriting was much better.  I
        agree it is Oszczity.

        I found her death on this page:
        https://familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/pal%3A/MM9.1.i/dgs%3A004528526.004528526_00241

        I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage registry
        in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).  There is a
        word that looks like "Bogdanore"  under the 4th column which I thought was for
        listing place of origin and address. Does this mean anything to anyone?  It is
        the last entry on the page,  #38.

        Thanks!
        Diane

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
          The „Bogdanore“ could be todays Bohdanovce nad Trnavou (former Bogdanoc,
          Bogdany, Bogdanovce) It is not far from Horne Oresany.

          Ladislav

          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 8, 2011
            Oooh....thanks!

            Diane

            ________________________________
            The „Bogdanore“ could be todays Bohdanovce nad Trnavou (former Bogdanoc,
            Bogdany, Bogdanovce) It is not far from Horne Oresany.

            Ladislav

            >>> I was wondering where they came from since I cannot find their marriage
            registry in Horne Oresany (her birthplace) or Budmerice (place of death).�
            There is a word that looks like "Bogdanore" under the 4th column which I
            thought was for listing place of origin and address.�Does this mean
            anything to anyone? <<<

            You might want to check the church records: Roman Catholic parish registers
            of baptisms, marriages, deaths, and confirmations, for Bohdanovce nad
            Trnavou, Trnava, Slovakia.

          • patskanovo
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 9, 2011
              I sure hope that when my village is restored ("Remeniny")that it will be better than before....I am still locked out it seems and have only one group of records available......1844-1857

              BTW...looks as though my thread was Hijacked.

              Dennis