RE: [S-R] Re: Looking for Cuculich or Randick

  • Evelyn Marsh
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
      OOPPSS! Sorry about that - hit the wrong email!

    • Melissa
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
        I had a coworker who's last name was Cuculich and lived in Great Lakes area. I emailed him and this is what he was able to tell me. Not sure what you might not already know....

        "Lets start with MY name...actually MY name as my Grandfather spelled it was Cuculic....the "H" was added later by my father....NOW as for YOUR Cuculich.....INTERESTING....there is another family who spelled their name Cuculich......the man who is the family patrich name is Thomas...he is a distant cousin....we were never close to that part of the family....ALSO...there was a few years ago a Thomas Cuculich who was the highway/road commissioner..again a distant cousin....Sorry I could not be more help...."
      • Matthew Byrne
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
          Melissa-
          Thank you. My family all settled on the southside of Chicago back in the 1890s.
          I haven't seen any spellings of the name as Cuculic. Only Cuculich and
          Cusulick. Cusulick first appeared on my great grandfather's death certificate
          (1947) and was officially my grandmother's name. Ironically, I googled the name
          Thomas Cuculich last night and the same Thomas Cuculich that is the DePage
          County Tranportation commissioner came up. His office is in the same town that
          I currently live in! Small world right?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 7, 2011
            Matthew --
            There are lots of resources available for those who passed through Chicago.  Are
            you located in the vicinity?  If so:
            1:  Nemecek Library in the Masaryk Building 5901 W. 22 Pl, Cicero.  Index to
            Denni Hlasatel newspaper; Kostka eulogy note cards; Linhart Funeral Home
            index..  Next open on the 2nd Sat. of Sept., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
            2:  Naperville Family History Center.  Microfilm of almost all Chicago church
            records in permanent collection.  Open T-Sat.
            3:  IRAD, Northeastern Illinois Univ Library, St. Louis at Bryn Mawr, in the
            basement.  Open 9-4, M-F.
            4:  Cook county Circuit Court Archives -- behind the Picasso sculpture in the
            Loop.
            5:  Cook County Recorder of Deeds -- across the street from the archives on the
            west, in the basement.  Search by PIN of the address.
            6:  Look at a photo of the house where they lived online at the Cook County
            Assessor web site.

            Margo