[S-R] Re: Looking for Cuculich or Randick

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 5, 2011
      Matt,
      from Curt B.
      Here:

      Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.;Soundex Index to Naturalization Petitions for the United States District and Circuit Courts, Northern District of Illinois and Immigration and Naturalization Service District 9, 1840-1950 (M1285); Microfilm Serial: M1285; Microfilm Roll: 30.

      Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
      Anchorage Genealogical Society
      California State Genealogical Alliance
      Illinois State Genealogical Society
      Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
      Anchorage Genealogical Society
      California State Genealogical Alliance
      Illinois State Genealogical Society

      You will also find his death certificate on file with the Clerk of Cook County, Illinois. He died on 19 Nov. 1955.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Byrne <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

      > Curt-
      > Every time I look up Thomas Cuculich on Cook County's Records of Naturalization
      > web site, his name does not come up. Where did you find the information of his
      > address and witness?
      >
      > Matt Byrne
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Evelyn Marsh
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
        Perfect! Sounds like a great plan and I'm looking forward to lunch with you two! Weather has been great the last few days - managed to do a little gardening yesterday - a little because that is what they could afford. Today I'm making brisket with Cody and doing laudry to get ready for my trip home tomorrow.
        love,
        Mom

        To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        From: curt67boc@...
        Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:39:23 +0000
        Subject: [S-R] Re: Looking for Cuculich or Randick

        Matt,
        from Curt B.
        Here:

        Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.;Soundex Index to Naturalization Petitions for the United States District and Circuit Courts, Northern District of Illinois and Immigration and Naturalization Service District 9, 1840-1950 (M1285); Microfilm Serial: M1285; Microfilm Roll: 30.

        Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
        Anchorage Genealogical Society
        California State Genealogical Alliance
        Illinois State Genealogical Society
        Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
        Anchorage Genealogical Society
        California State Genealogical Alliance
        Illinois State Genealogical Society

        You will also find his death certificate on file with the Clerk of Cook County, Illinois. He died on 19 Nov. 1955.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Byrne <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

        > Curt-
        > Every time I look up Thomas Cuculich on Cook County's Records of Naturalization
        > web site, his name does not come up. Where did you find the information of his
        > address and witness?
        >
        > Matt Byrne
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Evelyn Marsh
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
          OOPPSS! Sorry about that - hit the wrong email!

        • Melissa
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
            I had a coworker who's last name was Cuculich and lived in Great Lakes area. I emailed him and this is what he was able to tell me. Not sure what you might not already know....

            "Lets start with MY name...actually MY name as my Grandfather spelled it was Cuculic....the "H" was added later by my father....NOW as for YOUR Cuculich.....INTERESTING....there is another family who spelled their name Cuculich......the man who is the family patrich name is Thomas...he is a distant cousin....we were never close to that part of the family....ALSO...there was a few years ago a Thomas Cuculich who was the highway/road commissioner..again a distant cousin....Sorry I could not be more help...."
          • Matthew Byrne
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
              Melissa-
              Thank you. My family all settled on the southside of Chicago back in the 1890s.
              I haven't seen any spellings of the name as Cuculic. Only Cuculich and
              Cusulick. Cusulick first appeared on my great grandfather's death certificate
              (1947) and was officially my grandmother's name. Ironically, I googled the name
              Thomas Cuculich last night and the same Thomas Cuculich that is the DePage
              County Tranportation commissioner came up. His office is in the same town that
              I currently live in! Small world right?

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 7, 2011
                Matthew --
                There are lots of resources available for those who passed through Chicago.  Are
                you located in the vicinity?  If so:
                1:  Nemecek Library in the Masaryk Building 5901 W. 22 Pl, Cicero.  Index to
                Denni Hlasatel newspaper; Kostka eulogy note cards; Linhart Funeral Home
                index..  Next open on the 2nd Sat. of Sept., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
                2:  Naperville Family History Center.  Microfilm of almost all Chicago church
                records in permanent collection.  Open T-Sat.
                3:  IRAD, Northeastern Illinois Univ Library, St. Louis at Bryn Mawr, in the
                basement.  Open 9-4, M-F.
                4:  Cook county Circuit Court Archives -- behind the Picasso sculpture in the
                Loop.
                5:  Cook County Recorder of Deeds -- across the street from the archives on the
                west, in the basement.  Search by PIN of the address.
                6:  Look at a photo of the house where they lived online at the Cook County
                Assessor web site.

                Margo