Re: Looking for Cuculich or Randick

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 5, 2011
      Thomas Cuculich was naturalized as a U.S. citizen by the ciruit court of Cook County (Chicago) Illinois on Oct 7 1892. He was living then at 6707 S. State St. Chicago. His witness was Matthew Sablich.

      You need to track down these records to get a copy of his petition for citizenship. This information is just found in the name index to the citizenship records of Cook County.

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "yearofthecub" <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

      > I don't have much information on my Czech relatives that came to the US at some point around the 1880s. Thomas Cuculich and his wife Mary Randick were both born in Czechosolvakia. I don't have their birth dates or where in Czech they came from. I would like to know if there are any useful web sites that can help. I do know that they moved to Chicago and had at least one child, John Cuculich in 1890. The name changed to Cusulick at some point of either his lifetime or this children. As far as Thomas or his wife Mary, any information would be good, DOB, home town, or the death certificates. Thank you so much!
      >
      > Matt Byrne

    • Matthew Byrne
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 5, 2011
        Thank you Thomas for your help! I will try and locate these records. The
        family name was changed to Cusulick somewhere in his son John's life. I will
        join the Croatian Group, thanks again!

        ________________________________
        Thomas Cuculich was naturalized as a U.S. citizen by the ciruit court of Cook
        County (Chicago) Illinois on Oct 7 1892. He was living then at 6707 S. State
        St. Chicago. His witness was Matthew Sablich.

        You need to track down these records to get a copy of his petition for
        citizenship. This information is just found in the name index to the
        citizenship records of Cook County.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "yearofthecub" <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

        > I don't have much information on my Czech relatives that came to the US at some
        >point around the 1880s. Thomas Cuculich and his wife Mary Randick were both
        >born in Czechosolvakia. I don't have their birth dates or where in Czech they
        >came from. I would like to know if there are any useful web sites that can
        >help. I do know that they moved to Chicago and had at least one child, John
        >Cuculich in 1890. The name changed to Cusulick at some point of either his
        >lifetime or this children. As far as Thomas or his wife Mary, any information
        >would be good, DOB, home town, or the death certificates. Thank you so much!
        >

        > Matt Byrne

      • Matthew Byrne
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 5, 2011
          Curt-
          Every time I look up Thomas Cuculich on Cook County's Records of Naturalization
          web site, his name does not come up. Where did you find the information of his
          address and witness?

          Matt Byrne

          ________________________________
          Thomas Cuculich was naturalized as a U.S. citizen by the ciruit court of Cook
          County (Chicago) Illinois on Oct 7 1892. He was living then at 6707 S. State
          St. Chicago. His witness was Matthew Sablich.

          You need to track down these records to get a copy of his petition for
          citizenship. This information is just found in the name index to the
          citizenship records of Cook County.

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "yearofthecub" <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

          > I don't have much information on my Czech relatives that came to the US at some
          >point around the 1880s. Thomas Cuculich and his wife Mary Randick were both
          >born in Czechosolvakia. I don't have their birth dates or where in Czech they
          >came from. I would like to know if there are any useful web sites that can
          >help. I do know that they moved to Chicago and had at least one child, John
          >Cuculich in 1890. The name changed to Cusulick at some point of either his
          >lifetime or this children. As far as Thomas or his wife Mary, any information
          >would be good, DOB, home town, or the death certificates. Thank you so much!
          >

          > Matt Byrne

        • CurtB
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 5, 2011
            Matt,
            from Curt B.
            Here:

            Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.;Soundex Index to Naturalization Petitions for the United States District and Circuit Courts, Northern District of Illinois and Immigration and Naturalization Service District 9, 1840-1950 (M1285); Microfilm Serial: M1285; Microfilm Roll: 30.

            Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
            Anchorage Genealogical Society
            California State Genealogical Alliance
            Illinois State Genealogical Society
            Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
            Anchorage Genealogical Society
            California State Genealogical Alliance
            Illinois State Genealogical Society

            You will also find his death certificate on file with the Clerk of Cook County, Illinois. He died on 19 Nov. 1955.

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Byrne <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

            > Curt-
            > Every time I look up Thomas Cuculich on Cook County's Records of Naturalization
            > web site, his name does not come up. Where did you find the information of his
            > address and witness?
            >
            > Matt Byrne
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Evelyn Marsh
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
              Perfect! Sounds like a great plan and I'm looking forward to lunch with you two! Weather has been great the last few days - managed to do a little gardening yesterday - a little because that is what they could afford. Today I'm making brisket with Cody and doing laudry to get ready for my trip home tomorrow.
              love,
              Mom

              To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
              From: curt67boc@...
              Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 04:39:23 +0000

              Matt,
              from Curt B.
              Here:

              Source Citation: National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.;Soundex Index to Naturalization Petitions for the United States District and Circuit Courts, Northern District of Illinois and Immigration and Naturalization Service District 9, 1840-1950 (M1285); Microfilm Serial: M1285; Microfilm Roll: 30.

              Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
              Anchorage Genealogical Society
              California State Genealogical Alliance
              Illinois State Genealogical Society
              Ancestry.com. U.S. Naturalization Record Indexes, 1791-1992 (Indexed in World Archives Project) [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors in partnership with the following organizations:
              Anchorage Genealogical Society
              California State Genealogical Alliance
              Illinois State Genealogical Society

              You will also find his death certificate on file with the Clerk of Cook County, Illinois. He died on 19 Nov. 1955.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Byrne <yearofthecub@...> wrote:

              > Curt-
              > Every time I look up Thomas Cuculich on Cook County's Records of Naturalization
              > web site, his name does not come up. Where did you find the information of his
              > address and witness?
              >
              > Matt Byrne
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Evelyn Marsh
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
                OOPPSS! Sorry about that - hit the wrong email!

              • Melissa
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
                  I had a coworker who's last name was Cuculich and lived in Great Lakes area. I emailed him and this is what he was able to tell me. Not sure what you might not already know....

                  "Lets start with MY name...actually MY name as my Grandfather spelled it was Cuculic....the "H" was added later by my father....NOW as for YOUR Cuculich.....INTERESTING....there is another family who spelled their name Cuculich......the man who is the family patrich name is Thomas...he is a distant cousin....we were never close to that part of the family....ALSO...there was a few years ago a Thomas Cuculich who was the highway/road commissioner..again a distant cousin....Sorry I could not be more help...."
                • Matthew Byrne
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 6, 2011
                    Melissa-
                    Thank you. My family all settled on the southside of Chicago back in the 1890s.
                    I haven't seen any spellings of the name as Cuculic. Only Cuculich and
                    Cusulick. Cusulick first appeared on my great grandfather's death certificate
                    (1947) and was officially my grandmother's name. Ironically, I googled the name
                    Thomas Cuculich last night and the same Thomas Cuculich that is the DePage
                    County Tranportation commissioner came up. His office is in the same town that
                    I currently live in! Small world right?

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 7, 2011
                      Matthew --
                      There are lots of resources available for those who passed through Chicago.  Are
                      you located in the vicinity?  If so:
                      1:  Nemecek Library in the Masaryk Building 5901 W. 22 Pl, Cicero.  Index to
                      Denni Hlasatel newspaper; Kostka eulogy note cards; Linhart Funeral Home
                      index..  Next open on the 2nd Sat. of Sept., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
                      2:  Naperville Family History Center.  Microfilm of almost all Chicago church
                      records in permanent collection.  Open T-Sat.
                      3:  IRAD, Northeastern Illinois Univ Library, St. Louis at Bryn Mawr, in the
                      basement.  Open 9-4, M-F.
                      4:  Cook county Circuit Court Archives -- behind the Picasso sculpture in the
                      Loop.
                      5:  Cook County Recorder of Deeds -- across the street from the archives on the
                      west, in the basement.  Search by PIN of the address.
                      6:  Look at a photo of the house where they lived online at the Cook County
                      Assessor web site.

                      Margo