Re: [S-R] Re: Available Slovak digital FHLC records

  • Samuel Ontko
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8 7:31 PM
      Jaklovce in the Gelnica district is found in the Levoca archives.

      So I don’t think you will find it yet. But the 4 films have a baptism index from 1800-1920.

      Sam Ontko
      Ontko family of Jaklovce/Margecany

      Message 2 of 7 , May 10 12:59 PM
        Hello, everybody!

        Do you know if the files for Jesensk�, Rimavska S�bota, Kokava nad Rimavicou
        and Valask� are already online on Family Search? I really do not know under
        which county these should be. I see there are a lot of counties and they
        differ depending on which religion.

        Thanks a lot for your help!

        Best regards,

        Eugenia

        --
        Mar�a Eugenia Kromholc

      • Julie Michutka
        Message 3 of 7 , May 10 6:36 PM
          On May 10, 2011, at 3:59 PM, María Eugenia Kromholc wrote:

          > Do you know if the files for Jesenské, Rimavska Sóbota, Kokava nad
          > Rimavicou
          > and Valaská are already online on Family Search? I really do not
          > know under
          > which county these should be. I see there are a lot of counties and
          > they
          > differ depending on which religion.

          Eugenia, the counties don't differ based on religion (you might be
          thinking of dioceses).

          To learn whether a given town's parish records (of whatever
          denomination) are available online as images, follow these steps:
          --go to https://www.familysearch.org/
          --sign in
          --click on "catalog" and then use "search: place names for [fill in
          town name]." Once you start typing, the system will try to
          automatically fill in the town and county and country name; just make
          sure it matches what you are looking for
          --it will then bring up the town name; click on it, and it will tell
          you either "availability: Family History Centers" or "availability:
          digital images." If the latter, you can start clicking through to your
          parish records. Otherwise you will have to go to a Family History
          Center and order microfilms.

          I only checked one of your town names; Kokava nad Rimavicou is not
          available as digital images yet. You'll have to order the microfilm(s).

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 7 , May 10 7:13 PM
            Julie,
            Your first four villages was in the Hungarian district of Gemer and Valaska was in the district Svolen. The only districts that have their records online a Presov and Bratislava. The districts were a Hungarian government creation, not a church one. For most of the Hungarian Empire the country was Roman or Greek Catholic.

            On May 10, 2011, at 3:59 PM, María Eugenia Kromholc wrote:

            > Do you know if the files for Jesenské, Rimavska Sóbota, Kokava nad
            > Rimavicou
            > and Valaská are already online on Family Search? I really do not
            > know under
            > which county these should be. I see there are a lot of counties and
            > they
            > differ depending on which religion.

            Eugenia, the counties don't differ based on religion (you might be
            thinking of dioceses).

            To learn whether a given town's parish records (of whatever
            denomination) are available online as images, follow these steps:
            --go to https://www.familysearch.org/
            --sign in
            --click on "catalog" and then use "search: place names for [fill in
            town name]." Once you start typing, the system will try to
            automatically fill in the town and county and country name; just make
            sure it matches what you are looking for
            --it will then bring up the town name; click on it, and it will tell
            you either "availability: Family History Centers" or "availability:
            digital images." If the latter, you can start clicking through to your
            parish records. Otherwise you will have to go to a Family History
            Center and order microfilms.

            I only checked one of your town names; Kokava nad Rimavicou is not
            available as digital images yet. You'll have to order the microfilm(s).

            Julie Michutka
            mailto:jmm%40pathbridge.net