Re: [S-R] Advice when you travel to Slovakia...

    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2011
      No.

      On Tue, May 3, 2011 10:30 am, travel2001@... wrote:

      > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in
      > 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national
      > registry to look for ?
      > George
      > travel2001@...

      Bill
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2011
        You were quite clear, Bill. However I don't think Caye got the message or included any cautions in her statement, and it is easy enough to smuggle in a problem quite innocently. This additional exchange is good to drive the idea home.

        Ron

        > Hi Ron,
        >
        > I thought I implied that in my message.
        >
        > I have the certificate and am duly registered. In fact, I was looking at
        > it last night as I was organizing my genealogy materials.
        >
        > The material was processed by the quarantine section at JFK airport.
        > Essentially, they baked it.
        >
        > Bill
        >
        > On Mon, May 2, 2011 11:23 pm, Ron wrote:
        > > Nice feelings aside, check with the Department of Agriculture before you
        > > try something like importing dirt into the USA. Their job is to keep you
        > > from importing the next agricultural disaster into America.
        > >
        > > At the same time, clean your shoes well before you return. They are that
        > > serious.
        > >
        > > Ron
        > >
        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> If you are lucky enough to find the family lot -- bringing some soil
        > >> back to
        > >> sprinkle on the graves of your ancestors is a nice feeling.
        > >>

        > >> Caye

        > --
        > Bill

      • Peter Nagy
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2011
          George,

          Try your luck using online cemetery databases:
          http://www.centroconsult.sk/toolbox/cemeteries.html

          Peter

          2011/5/3 <travel2001@...>

          > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in 39
          > and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national registry
          > to look for ?
          > George
          > travel2001@...

          Cilistovska 20A
          931 01 Samorin
          Slovak Republic
          tel: +421 31 560 0641
          mobile: +421 905 490 552
          www.centroconsult.sk
          www.cpr.uibk.org

        • travel2001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2011
            thanx

            > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in
            > 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national
            > registry to look for ?
            > George
            > travel2001@...

            Bill

[...]