Re: [S-R] Advice when you travel to Slovakia...

  • travel2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2011
      I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national registry to look for ?
      George
      travel2001@...

      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2011
        No.

        On Tue, May 3, 2011 10:30 am, travel2001@... wrote:

        > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in
        > 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national
        > registry to look for ?
        > George
        > travel2001@...

        Bill
      • Ron
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3, 2011
          You were quite clear, Bill. However I don't think Caye got the message or included any cautions in her statement, and it is easy enough to smuggle in a problem quite innocently. This additional exchange is good to drive the idea home.

          Ron

          > Hi Ron,
          >
          > I thought I implied that in my message.
          >
          > I have the certificate and am duly registered. In fact, I was looking at
          > it last night as I was organizing my genealogy materials.
          >
          > The material was processed by the quarantine section at JFK airport.
          > Essentially, they baked it.
          >
          > Bill
          >
          > On Mon, May 2, 2011 11:23 pm, Ron wrote:
          > > Nice feelings aside, check with the Department of Agriculture before you
          > > try something like importing dirt into the USA. Their job is to keep you
          > > from importing the next agricultural disaster into America.
          > >
          > > At the same time, clean your shoes well before you return. They are that
          > > serious.
          > >
          > > Ron
          > >
          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@> wrote:
          > >>
          > >> If you are lucky enough to find the family lot -- bringing some soil
          > >> back to
          > >> sprinkle on the graves of your ancestors is a nice feeling.
          > >>

          > >> Caye

          > --
          > Bill

        • Peter Nagy
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3, 2011
            George,

            Try your luck using online cemetery databases:
            http://www.centroconsult.sk/toolbox/cemeteries.html

            Peter

            2011/5/3 <travel2001@...>

            > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in 39
            > and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national registry
            > to look for ?
            > George
            > travel2001@...

            Cilistovska 20A
            931 01 Samorin
            Slovak Republic
            tel: +421 31 560 0641
            mobile: +421 905 490 552
            www.centroconsult.sk
            www.cpr.uibk.org

          • travel2001@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3, 2011
              thanx

              > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in
              > 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national
              > registry to look for ?
              > George
              > travel2001@...

              Bill

[...]