Re: [S-R] Advice when you travel to Slovakia...

    Message 1 of 12 , May 3 5:06 AM
      Hi Ron,

      I thought I implied that in my message.

      I have the certificate and am duly registered. In fact, I was looking at
      it last night as I was organizing my genealogy materials.

      The material was processed by the quarantine section at JFK airport.
      Essentially, they baked it.

      Bill

      On Mon, May 2, 2011 11:23 pm, Ron wrote:
      > Nice feelings aside, check with the Department of Agriculture before you
      > try something like importing dirt into the USA. Their job is to keep you
      > from importing the next agricultural disaster into America.
      >
      > At the same time, clean your shoes well before you return. They are that
      > serious.
      >
      > Ron
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> If you are lucky enough to find the family lot -- bringing some soil
      >> back to
      >> sprinkle on the graves of your ancestors is a nice feeling.
      >>

      >> Caye

      Bill
    • travel2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3 7:30 AM
        I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national registry to look for ?
        George
        travel2001@...

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3 7:52 AM
          No.

          On Tue, May 3, 2011 10:30 am, travel2001@... wrote:

          > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in
          > 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national
          > registry to look for ?
          > George
          > travel2001@...

          Bill
        • Ron
          Message 4 of 12 , May 3 8:35 AM
            You were quite clear, Bill. However I don't think Caye got the message or included any cautions in her statement, and it is easy enough to smuggle in a problem quite innocently. This additional exchange is good to drive the idea home.

            Ron

            > Hi Ron,
            >
            > I thought I implied that in my message.
            >
            > I have the certificate and am duly registered. In fact, I was looking at
            > it last night as I was organizing my genealogy materials.
            >
            > The material was processed by the quarantine section at JFK airport.
            > Essentially, they baked it.
            >
            > Bill
            >
            > On Mon, May 2, 2011 11:23 pm, Ron wrote:
            > > Nice feelings aside, check with the Department of Agriculture before you
            > > try something like importing dirt into the USA. Their job is to keep you
            > > from importing the next agricultural disaster into America.
            > >
            > > At the same time, clean your shoes well before you return. They are that
            > > serious.
            > >
            > > Ron
            > >
            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> If you are lucky enough to find the family lot -- bringing some soil
            > >> back to
            > >> sprinkle on the graves of your ancestors is a nice feeling.
            > >>

            > >> Caye

            > --
            > Bill

          • Peter Nagy
            Message 5 of 12 , May 3 8:49 AM
              George,

              Try your luck using online cemetery databases:
              http://www.centroconsult.sk/toolbox/cemeteries.html

              Peter

              2011/5/3 <travel2001@...>

              > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in 39
              > and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national registry
              > to look for ?
              > George
              > travel2001@...

              Cilistovska 20A
              931 01 Samorin
              Slovak Republic
              tel: +421 31 560 0641
              mobile: +421 905 490 552
              www.centroconsult.sk
              www.cpr.uibk.org

            • travel2001@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , May 3 6:10 PM
                thanx

                > I'm trying to find my Grandfathers grave. He went back tro Slovakia in
                > 39 and got tyrapped there. He passed in the 60's. Is there a national
                > registry to look for ?
                > George
                > travel2001@...

                Bill

[...]