Re: [S-R] Re: Village lookup not working

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turka,_Ukraine This is for the village, the region is generally associated with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkivskyi_Raion

      From: Tom Potsko
      Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 5:42 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: Village lookup not working

      Curt,

      Thanks you. I did find Rudlov/Rudlyo, Hungary records and the baptismal
      record for the bride, as well as the marriage record for her parents. I had
      found two Bobrka villages in southeasten Poland, not the Boberka in Ukraine.
      I am a novice to Ukraine research, but The family did think they were
      originally Ukrainian(one one side). Where is the Turka region of Ukraine, I
      would guess in the southwest, near Slovakia? Thanks Again, Tom.