Re: [S-R] Re: Village lookup not working

  • Tom Potsko
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
      Curt,

      Thanks you. I did find Rudlov/Rudlyo, Hungary records and the baptismal
      record for the bride, as well as the marriage record for her parents. I had
      found two Bobrka villages in southeasten Poland, not the Boberka in Ukraine.
      I am a novice to Ukraine research, but The family did think they were
      originally Ukrainian(one one side). Where is the Turka region of Ukraine, I
      would guess in the southwest, near Slovakia? Thanks Again, Tom.

      On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM, CurtB <curt67boc@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > These are all identifiable villages. Rudlov is the current name of the
      > village in Eastern Slovakia. Boberka is a village in the Turka region of
      > the present day Ukraine. The Volya of Saris is called Ruska Vol'a today.
      >
      > Curt B.
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <jaschr71@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a Greek Catholic marriage record from Swoyersville, PA indicating
      > the bride is from Sariskoj, Volya, Hungary, and the Groom from Turka,
      > Boberka, Galicia. The toolbox village lookup doesn't seem to be working
      > today. Is anyone familiar with either of these villages? I believe the
      > reference Sariskoj is to Saros Magye, Hungary or Saris zupa, Slovakia. I
      > have another reference to a village named Rudlov, but don't know if that is
      > the Hungarian or current Slovakian village name. Thanks, Tom

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turka,_Ukraine This is for the village, the region is generally associated with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkivskyi_Raion

        On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM, CurtB <mailto:curt67boc%40comcast.net> wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > These are all identifiable villages. Rudlov is the current name of the
        > village in Eastern Slovakia. Boberka is a village in the Turka region of
        > the present day Ukraine. The Volya of Saris is called Ruska Vol'a today.
        >
        > Curt B.
        >
        > --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <jaschr71@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have a Greek Catholic marriage record from Swoyersville, PA indicating
        > the bride is from Sariskoj, Volya, Hungary, and the Groom from Turka,
        > Boberka, Galicia. The toolbox village lookup doesn't seem to be working
        > today. Is anyone familiar with either of these villages? I believe the
        > reference Sariskoj is to Saros Magye, Hungary or Saris zupa, Slovakia. I
        > have another reference to a village named Rudlov, but don't know if that is
        > the Hungarian or current Slovakian village name. Thanks, Tom

        > mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.comYahoo! Groups Links

      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
          Yes, not too far from the Slovak border. I just tried googling Boberka and found the map, photos and descriptions. Check it out.

          Curt B.