RE: [S-R] Slavic/Ruthenian migrations via Galicia

  • Kathy Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2011
      Can you give an example of a Ruthenian surname?

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25, 2011
        Hi Kathy,
        Here's one: Taras a common Ruthenian/Ukrainian name, also found in Galicia.
        Hungarian variant is Tarasz.

        Other variants, Tarasovits, Taraszovits.

        Another name is Fedor, variant Fedoriv.

        Others on this forum could probably offer many, many more.

        Do you have a particular name to consider?
        Carolyn

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Smith" <ksmith17@...> wrote:

        > Can you give an example of a Ruthenian surname?

      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 25, 2011
          Just take a look at the Carpatho-Rusyn surname listing on the web and you'll see lots of them...and the villages of family origin.

          http://www.rusyn.com/crslalpha.htm

          Curt B.