[S-R] Re: GET UKRAINE DOCUMENTS

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11 9:59 PM
      Michael,
      Hiring a researcher is the only way I know to effectively search the archives in the Ukraine. I know of people who can read Ukrainian who tried it themselves when travelling and got absolutely nowhere. I guess it takes a patient expert who knows how to deal with unhelpful or unconcerned employees. Nineteenth century cyrillic handwriting is also not quite as easy as the modern. I hesitate to make a recommendation. Join a Ukrainian gengealogy group and you'll get some good suggestions.

      Curt B.