RE: [S-R] Bardejov, Raslavice, Lipany, Slovakia

  • Jean Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 6:43 PM
      Michael,
      Thank you so much for the information! I started with a marriage that I knew the date, and found it! The info on how to read the records is invaluable. So glad I found this group:)

      Jean
      Life is what you make it: smile often, laugh, be positive, do random acts of kindness, be true to and believe in yourself. The world is a better place because of you. Every day, in every way, you are getting better, better and better. May your guardian angels always be at your side. Look within.

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      From: mgmojher@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:18:07 -0700
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Bardejov, Raslavice, Lipany, Slovakia

      Jean,

      Welcome to the group.

      You have the first vital piece of information for record search � location. The second is their religious affiliation, since that is how the records are recorded.

      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm On this page is a heading Family History Library. Under it is Pilot (Help). Click on help to learn how to operate the online site

      Bardejov Roman Catholic and Evangelical (Lutheran) records are on line - http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=waypoint&s=waypointsOnly&c=fs%3A1670491&w=0 Click on the Roman Catholic link and scroll down to Bardejov. Do the same for Evangelical.

      Lipany records are also online. There are Roman Catholic and Greek Catholic records. The Lipany records can be under the names of Dacov, Lipany, Hethars and Decso.

      Raslavice has Roman Catholic records online. Under Uhorske Raslavice, Nizne Raslavice and Magyar-Raszlavica.

      Once you view records you will well understand the phrase, �It�s all Greek to me.� http://homepages.bmi.net/~latin/ Go here and you will understand the heading under which records were recorded. Most of the time you will find them in Latin and Hungarian.

      This should get you started.

      .