FEEFHS 2011 Workshop

  • Peg's Gmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011
      I just noticed that FEEFHS (The Federation of East European Family History Societies) has posted both the dates and the schedule for their 2011 workshop. I attended this workshop last year for the first time and as a beginner in Slovakian research found it extremely helpful. Of course, it is not just geared to Slovakian research, rather all of Eastern Europe, so while some classes were more specific than others to my specific area of research, other classes gave a broader understanding of the area in general which can only help me down the road.
      The 2011 workshop outline may be found at: http://www.feefhs.org/conferences/2011program.html

      Apparently FEEFHS used to hold larger conferences in various locations with an occasional workshop in SLC, whereas now they are focusing on just the SLC workshops with more access to records. You spend part of the day in classes and part of the day working with the records in the Family HIstory Library with the aid of an assigned "mentor". Of course, you have access to all of the library staff as needed and can stay and research until they close each night. I found it truly invaluable and am planning to attend again.

      Early registration deadline is June 15 for the discount. Registration and hotel information may be found at: http://www.feefhs.org/conferences/2011paypal.html

      Hope to see some of you there!

      Peg Ivanyo