Re: [S-R] Gayarsky

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 3, 2011
      Judy,
      OK, and I also missed one item. You will notice in the column after the names of the sponsors is a column all down the page where there is written an abbreviation "par" . This is short for Parochus, Latin for pastor, meaning the pastor of the church performed the baptism, and not an assistant or visitor. Just keep looking back through the register and on some page his actual name will be given.
      Curt B.

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 8, 2011
        The records before 1892 are particularly sketchy. The robust details many
        of use were not required until 1906 immigration act. Before that a name, a
        country and an age was about all that you needed.

        Bill