Re: [S-R] 1700's Vinne records

  • Peg's Gmail
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
      I haven't made it back this far yet, but I'm so excited to hear from someone who is also working on records from Vinne. What surnames do you connect to?
      Peg Ivanyo

    • gklodzen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2011
        Count me in among those researching Vinne records, and you are right, the
        condition of the early ones is atrocious, as are some of the later ones
        (early 1800s) which are likewise soiled, badly scribbled or faded. I will say
        this, however. Readable Vinne records are now read online much more easily
        then on microfilm machines. Nice, bright, crisp images are the norm, except
        where the above is the problem.

        Nevertheless I am so glad that these records are now online. My thanks to
        the transcribers. In Vinne I am researching the surnames KLADZAN, PIKULA,
        and HLADKY.

        Eugene Klodzen
        Virginia, USA