1700's Vinne records

  • nilo3rak
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
      Has anyone looked at and deciphered the early (1742+) years of birth records in Vinne?

      What about a PhotoShop restoration? I am about to start, but would love to see the pages that someone else may have done. Heck, I would even pay to see them! The fading is bad, but the scroll/scrawl is atrocious and hard on the eyes.

      Carolyn
    • Peg's Gmail
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2011
        I haven't made it back this far yet, but I'm so excited to hear from someone who is also working on records from Vinne. What surnames do you connect to?
        Peg Ivanyo

      • gklodzen@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2011
          Count me in among those researching Vinne records, and you are right, the
          condition of the early ones is atrocious, as are some of the later ones
          (early 1800s) which are likewise soiled, badly scribbled or faded. I will say
          this, however. Readable Vinne records are now read online much more easily
          then on microfilm machines. Nice, bright, crisp images are the norm, except
          where the above is the problem.

          Nevertheless I am so glad that these records are now online. My thanks to
          the transcribers. In Vinne I am researching the surnames KLADZAN, PIKULA,
          and HLADKY.

          Eugene Klodzen
          Virginia, USA