Re: Birth Records

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
      I believe the records you are looking at are in Hungarian. It has been a while since I worked on my Hungarian church records, but I recognize several words: szuletes/ birth, leanya/daughter, kora/age, ev/year. I believe that the second record could very well be the death record for the child, Anna, in the first record. The parents are the same and the column headed by "kora" has "1 ha" listed (hó, hónap and hava can be used for month). A child born November 16 would be 1 month around December 22. On the death record, the column to the right of the age column should be the cause of death, but I can't make out what it says. You can find information on reading the church records written in Hungarian on Bill Tarkulich's Slovak Genealogy Research Strategies website. Go to Toolbox then Church Records, then Jaso Headers. Hope this helps somewhat.

      Judy

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bojomo42" <bojomo@...> wrote:

      > I have posted two records in the Oszuska Photo Album. Could someone take
      > the time to look at them? I can't figure it out. Both records have Anna
      > Kovatsik as the child and Istvan Kovatsik and Anna Hutta as her parents.
      > My problem is one record shows Nov 16, 1847 and the other as Dec 22,
      > 1847. The forms do not match any I have in translated into English but
      > they are similar. Could the Nov record be the birth of Anna and the Dec
      > record her death?
      >
      > Thanks, Joanne Liston

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2011
        Joanne,
        Yes, the second is a death record. Under cause it just says "hirtene halal" a sudden death.

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "bojomo42" <bojomo@...> wrote:

        > I have posted two records in the Oszuska Photo Album. Could someone take
        > the time to look at them? I can't figure it out. Both records have Anna
        > Kovatsik as the child and Istvan Kovatsik and Anna Hutta as her parents.
        > My problem is one record shows Nov 16, 1847 and the other as Dec 22,
        > 1847. The forms do not match any I have in translated into English but
        > they are similar. Could the Nov record be the birth of Anna and the Dec
        > record her death?
        >
        > Thanks, Joanne Liston

      • bojomo42
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011