Re: [S-R] Csaklyo, Sokut [Sol],

  • Tom Potsko
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
      If a baptismal record lists under parents: Havir vagy Szemko Janos for child
      Janos is the surname Havir or Szemko? Is Vagy the word for alias? Tom

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
        Does insurgent mean illegitimate(followed by a first name) when listed as
        parent in a baptismal record? Tom

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
          Tom,
          Obisovce is presently in the district of Kosice-Vidiek. During Hungarian
          rule it was in their Saris district. Since it sits about half way between
          Kosice and Presov it is possible for it to be in one of the other.
          http://www.cisarik.com/0_Obisovce_Kosice_okolie_KI_Saros_Saris.html if you
          open this link and look at the map you will see that it appears Obisovce
          sits right on the border of the present day districts.
          The FHL says Drienov has the Roman Catholic records for Obisovce ,
          1743-1896 and Obisovce has the records for the Evangelical (Lutheran)
          parish, 1787-1895. Since the records are not online, only the Presov and
          Bratislava Archives are, it means these records must have been in the Kosice
          Archives.

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
            Tom,
            vagy in Hungarian is "or". I could not find insurgent in a Hungarian
            dictionary. Correct spelling.

            2011/4/1 Tom Potsko <jaschr71@...>

            > If a baptismal record lists under parents: Havir vagy Szemko Janos for
            > child Janos is the surname Havir or Szemko? Is Vagy the word for alias?
            > Tom
            >

            > 2011/4/1 Tom Potsko <jaschr71@...>
            >
            >> Is it possible that these church records would be in the Presov region,
            >> and if so, in what main village, or is this Kosice region, and what
            >> village?
            >> Saris zupa, I believe should be in Presov region. Not sure about Kosice?
            >> Tom
            >>

            >> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM, Michael Mojher
            >> <mgmojher@...>wrote:
            >>
            >>> 1647 Obi¹ovce KS/KI ¹ari¹.
            >>> 1773 Abbos, Obisowcze, 1786 Abosch, Obussowce, 1808 Abos, Obussowce,
            >>> Obyssowce, 1863 Abbos, 1873-1913 Abos, 1920-1954 Oby¹ovce, 1954-
            >>> Obi¹ovce
            >>>
            >>> V obci OBI©OVCE (okr. KO©ICE-VIDIEK) sa v roku 1995 - MACKO 2× In 1995
            >>> in Obisovce 2 Macko lived.

          • Elaine
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2011
              To add to Michael's translation of "vagy"--it would seem that in this context, there is a name with an alias.

              In the records I've been reviewing from a town in the Kosice region, I have seen an equal sign used the same way (Jedzud=Herczeg, in my case).

              Elaine

              Sent from my iPhone