Search for Platzner family info.

  • MdmSpirit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2001
      Hello. I am new to this so I apologize in advance for anything i do
      wrong. My name is Melissa and I am searching for information
      regarding my great great grandparents, George and Agnes(maiden Name
      Lokodi) Platzner. They ( or at least Agnes and their children)
      immigrated to Cleveland Ohio , US around 1920-1921 from Busd,
      Transylvania, Romania. I know what happened to them in the United
      States, but I would like to know where they were born and who their
      ancestors are and see if I have any family still living in that area.
      I know at one point George was deported and that he died back in
      Busd. Agnes had a set of twins in 1922 in Cleveland, Ohio. The other
      children married and settled in Omaha Nebraska, Cleveland, Ohio, and
      Ontario, San Dimas, and Los Angeles, California.
      Their names are: Elizabeth b.11/22/1905 died 1963. Agnes (my great
      grandmother)b.5/25/1907 died 1980. Rose b.7/27/1909. John Mathias
      b.10/31/1911 died 1969. All of them were born in Busd as far as my
      Aunt Rose can remember. I do know that George was born in 1879 and
      the mother Agnes Lokodi was born in 1884 and her mother's name was
      Elizabeth and that she was born in Busd. Any information regarding
      this family would be much appreciated. Thank You.
    • Frank Kurchina
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, MdmSpirit@a... wrote:
        > Hello. I am new to this so I apologize in advance for anything i do
        > wrong. My name is Melissa and I am searching for information
        > regarding my great great grandparents, George and Agnes(maiden Name
        > Lokodi) Platzner. They ( or at least Agnes and their children)
        > immigrated to Cleveland Ohio , US around 1920-1921 from Busd,
        > Transylvania, Romania. I know what happened to them in the United
        > States, but I would like to know where they were born and who their
        > ancestors are and see if I have any family still living in that
        area.
        > I know at one point George was deported and that he died back in
        > Busd. Agnes had a set of twins in 1922 in Cleveland, Ohio. The
        other
        > children married and settled in Omaha Nebraska, Cleveland, Ohio, and
        > Ontario, San Dimas, and Los Angeles, California.
        > Their names are: Elizabeth b.11/22/1905 died 1963. Agnes (my great
        > grandmother)b.5/25/1907 died 1980. Rose b.7/27/1909. John Mathias
        > b.10/31/1911 died 1969. All of them were born in Busd as far as
        my
        > Aunt Rose can remember. I do know that George was born in 1879 and
        > the mother Agnes Lokodi was born in 1884 and her mother's name was
        > Elizabeth and that she was born in Busd. Any information regarding
        > this family would be much appreciated. Thank You.

        Don't know your surname.
        But, Platzner is a German surname.

        Transylvania (E) Ardeal (Rom) Erdély (H) Siebenbürgen (G)
        was part of Hungary before WW I.

        Following the First World War, new borders for Austro-Hungarian
        Monarchy were set by the Treaties of Saint Germain-en-Laye (September
        10, 1919) and Trianon (June 4, 1920).

        Hungary lost two-thirds of its former territory.
        Including Transylvania, Hungary east of Oradea, and the eastern Banat,
        all which became part of Romania.

        Busd, Buzd (H) Bussd (G) is located 143 miles NW of Bucharest and
        near Medias, Romania.
        Formerly located in Alsó-Fehér Megye (county), Hungary.
        Believe this is now Sibiu county, Romania.

        Busd was a German village also known as Bußt.
        Name derived from the Slavic "Boz" = elder bush.

        Population 1910-1069
        Population 1995-5

        Romanians speak a Romance language akin to French and Italian,
        rather than Slavic languages like their neighbors.

        It is extremely difficult to do any genealogical research in
        Romania.

        http://genconnect.rootsweb.com/gc/Romania/General