Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Help with Passenger list, please - Also see other surnames...

  • Fillmanshome@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2001
      How many years are there between your husbands grandfather's entry into the
      US and the date on the naturalization papers? Usually for both the
      naturalization papers and the passengers lists someone else was taking the
      information and recording it. If the time between the two events is
      relatively minimal the next question would be how good was his English in
      communicating the info that was written. Are you sure that the person listed
      on the passenger list is really the person you are researching? How do you
      know to trust that info more than the naturalization papers. I am interested
      because I found my grandfather's ship etc. through his naturalization papers
      mostly due to the port he listed as port of departure. RuthAnn