Re: Passport and ship name

  • Frank Kurchina
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@egroups.com, "Gregory J. Kopchak" <greg@i...>
      wrote:
      > It was in the period of 1890 to 1910 most immigration
      > to America took place.
      >
      > Your family was very late in the immigration curve.
      >
      > I have the 1929 almanac and will have to take a look
      > at what was offered to late arrivers.
      >
      > Greg Kopchak

      Don't know if above is a reference to my surname, or to that of
      subscriber who posted this query ?

      My first parental surname and male maternal surname bearer
      arrived in US (together) in 1896 via Antwerp, Belgium and both
      returned to Upper-Hungary (then Slovakia) by 1900.

      My own parental GPs arrive in 1900.
      Many parental surname bearers came later to US and but most returned
      to Upper-Hungary, except those that emigrated to Canada.

      Frank Kurcina